Joshua Moon the owner of Kiwifarms

SSF2T Old User

No Super Combos Necessary
Hellovan Onion
Aside from Josh 8chan deserves its own thread documenting its batshit insane administration and operation. Might make for a good future project.
I agree. Regarding image boards in general I remember learning a little bit of the "behind the scenes" stuff from Metokur with his two videos. Stuff like this is interesting to me.
However, after reading all those screencaps in the OP, i had no idea 8ch was THAT bad behind closed doors. I started seriously browsing 8ch around 2016/2017 (don't exactly remember the specific date), and at that time, Imkampfy was the BO of /pol/. So it's interesting to read about what happened before all of that.

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
I'm your friendly neighborhood skinwalker
Imagine needing a fat cripple to take care of you as much as Hotwheels tried to take care of Josh, holy fuck.
Yeah I remember reading the Medium story. He was trying to get Meth or Adderall to help him concentrate while he was in the Philippines. If Josh was ever caught doing that shit by security forces down there, he would have come back to the US in a pine box.

Noghoul

An Onion Among Onions
1612994849757.png

Dum Cruise

Nostalgia
Hellovan Onion
At least for me, the best part is Jewsh unironically believed ol huckster Jim Watkins was actually gonna feed him to his pigs. Jewsh actively sperged about this for years. Even being asked in an interview with Godwinson, PPP and Leopirate years later, still went out of his way to make Jim Watkins into a literal super villain and a legitimate threat to his safety, which nobody in the call took seriously.

constant exposure

it's always harvest time at the onion farms
Remarkable Onion
What I'm getting from this is that Josh is an incompetent programmer, insanely paranoid, a lazy filthy slob, and a massive pain in the ass to work with or associate with in any way. So, pretty much everything we already knew, except with screencaps.

Deleted member 158

I'm not saying the thread is superfluous, not at all. It's a comprehensive way to redpill the uninitiated on Null - most people on Kiwi don't know anything about this. I guess I was hoping for some new material to be unearthed like in the case of Blocklands. Oh well, what's here is embarrassing enough on it's own.
There was some other material related to 8chan I found, but I didn't think it'd fit in this thread, hence me saying earlier it might be worth making an 8chan/8kun thread, considering Jim still owns 8kun and Hotwheels posts on twitter AFAIK.

TheNotRealAsh

Literally Ashley Hutsell Jankowski Address in my banner
Hellovan Onion
Those poor pigs, they'd get a heart attack if they ate Josh. If this site's still here by the year of the pig, can the image of the onion be changed?

A Shifty Woman

Registered
At least for me, the best part is Jewsh unironically believed ol huckster Jim Watkins was actually gonna feed him to his pigs. Jewsh actively sperged about this for years. Even being asked in an interview with Godwinson, PPP and Leopirate years later, still went out of his way to make Jim Watkins into a literal super villain and a legitimate threat to his safety, which nobody in the call took seriously.
View attachment 4246

It's even funnier now because Hotwheels has been acting like Jim is a super villain since Christchurch happened and he started his crusade against QAnon. I could be remembering wrong but I could swear I saw him bring up on Twitter that he was afraid of being fed to Jim's pigs before he fled the Philippines. Wondering what Josh did to Jim that created a situation where he felt scared. Because I feel like there is a really interesting untold story behind that. Hotwheels wasn't scared until he started showing up to Jim's naturalization hearings to protest.

Admonisher12

First in last out
Remarkable Onion
So a few things

-Back when this was happening (and he was also managing the Jace shit - he had to know the truth, ffs Deagledad was a mod) he was going toe to toe with Lynx and Drybones over who got to write code for HW
-He would do stuff like shut down /v/ for a few hours with a message "THIS IS THE FUTURE YOU CHOSE" because they were making fun of him and his project. When he tried porting Larachan to Inext, it failed. Hard.
-He was super paranoid about Jim stealing his code. I'm on the fence on whether he was sabotaging 8chans codebase to make his own look good or if he was just incompotent
-"They wanted me to backdoor 8chan!" is him deflecting. This is the only time - ever - that this has been brought up
-He wanted to release his big tell-all in drips to really vilify Jim and HW (who he was pissed at for siding with Jim, who he believes wanted to sell his code and possibly kill him). HW released his first.
-HW forgave him because he has glass bones and a glass heart
-Oh yeah, he tried running an imageboard again last year because his finances were looking alright, but had to shut it down because it was too much of a pain in the ass to moderate.

Admonisher12

First in last out
Remarkable Onion
It's even funnier now because Hotwheels has been acting like Jim is a super villain since Christchurch happened and he started his crusade against QAnon. I could be remembering wrong but I could swear I saw him bring up on Twitter that he was afraid of being fed to Jim's pigs before he fled the Philippines. Wondering what Josh did to Jim that created a situation where he felt scared. Because I feel like there is a really interesting untold story behind that. Hotwheels wasn't scared until he started showing up to Jim's naturalization hearings to protest.
Thats simple. Remember, HW is literally dying and that he has this disorder where his bones are super-easy to break. So the dude gets some hot regret and starts simp-athizing with null about his time with Jim.

Wonderful thread, Vex. Dont know where you'll be going next - maybe the Vordrak saga where he shut his site down for a month because vordy got his mom fired? 8chan really is the highpoint of his drama, things get way less interesting from there on out.

Deleted member 158

Thats simple. Remember, HW is literally dying and that he has this disorder where his bones are super-easy to break. So the dude gets some hot regret and starts simp-athizing with null about his time with Jim.

Wonderful thread, Vex. Dont know where you'll be going next - maybe the Vordrak saga where he shut his site down for a month because vordy got his mom fired? 8chan really is the highpoint of his drama, things get way less interesting from there on out.
Kiwifarms thread is next, and a 4th thread if some interesting things happen. I've got plenty of resources lined up for it!

Admonisher12

First in last out
Remarkable Onion
Kiwifarms thread is next, and a 4th thread if some interesting things happen. I've got plenty of resources lined up for it!
huh, alright. Seems you'd have to go through a bit cuz the place has been up for what, 7 or 8 years by this point? Best to split it in eras or something.