general vidya discussion

Lumin

I watch you type
Baby Onion
Speedy Eggbert, lol. It always reminds me of those weird floppy disc games that came in kid's meals.
Holy shit, yeah, no. I forgot quite how old this game is. It would have been in 2011 I first played this game. It's terrifying how time passes.
It really is.

SSF2T Old User

No Super Combos Necessary
Hellovan Onion
So my curiosity and boredom got the best of me. A few days ago I decided to download and try Genshin Impact because apparently I'm a huge faggot. So far it's ok, I get the appeal. Thankfully you can change the voice acting to Japanese so your ears don't bleed from the god-awful english voice acting it defaults to. Only thing I don't like is how your progress for some quests are locked until you reach a certain Adventure Level, so you're forced to dick around until you do enough stuff that gives you Adventure EXP.

wtfeasymode

this game sucks
Remarkable Onion
There's this upcoming game called Critters for Sale that I'm really looking forward to.

I fucking love the art style and atmosphere.
Reminds me of Hylics and the Game Boy Camera but with the atmosphere of a few old creepypasta vids and Silver Case. Love the music too, I think i'll get it

Last edited:

Larry Bundy Sr

'Ello you!
Remarkable Onion
So my curiosity and boredom got the best of me. A few days ago I decided to download and try Genshin Impact because apparently I'm a huge faggot. So far it's ok, I get the appeal. Thankfully you can change the voice acting to Japanese so your ears don't bleed from the god-awful english voice acting it defaults to. Only thing I don't like is how your progress for some quests are locked until you reach a certain Adventure Level, so you're forced to dick around until you do enough stuff that gives you Adventure EXP.
It's alright but it's no Breath of the Wild

I toughed out the English voice acting but, yeah, if ever I give it another chance there's no way I'm playing with that again

SSF2T Old User

Hellovan Onion
I toughed out the English voice acting but, yeah, if ever I give it another chance there's no way I'm playing with that again
lol I actually gave up on that game the same week I made that post. That "Adventure Level" wall was more of a buzzkill than I thought. Also I found out about "Fate/GrandOrder" and "Goddess of Genesis S" and am having a better time playing those than Genshin Impact.

Mario

Mamamia
Hellovan Onion
I've been playing civilization V and was wonder if civ Vl was worth checking out
If you get the Gathering Storm expansion pack. Vanilla is kinda boring while the first expansion pack was an improvement. It really became fun for me when GT was released and the new expansions they released were also fun to play around with.

Last edited:

Pioneer10

Registered
For me, it'll always be Brigador

ironharvest_x_brigador.png

Witthel 2.0

"Look Gordon, tits!'
Remarkable Onion
Here's another game I'm looking forward to.

As you can probably tell I'm a sucker for anything with a weird/surreal art style.

Yandere

Today's Yandere
Remarkable Onion
Here's another game I'm looking forward to.

As you can probably tell I'm a sucker for anything with a weird/surreal art style.
Have you ever took a peek at Pathologic 2! I heard it's a difficult game, but it may be up your alley!
Or maybe Layers of Fear?

Witthel 2.0

"Look Gordon, tits!'
Remarkable Onion
Have you ever took a peek at Pathologic 2! I heard it's a difficult game, but it may be up your alley!
Or maybe Layers of Fear?
I got Layers of Fear because it had a discount, but unfortunately my computer's too shitty for me to actually play it.

And looking up Pathologic 2 it seems pretty interesting. The premise kinda reminds me of Darkwood's.

Witthel 2.0

"Look Gordon, tits!'
Remarkable Onion
Your computer may not be able to run Pathologic 2 if it can't run layers of fear... :(
I admit that I've got a bad habit of buying games that I have no chance of running if they have a discount.

Fortunately, I've found a pretty cheap gaming desktop that I'm saving up for.

Larry Bundy Sr

'Ello you!
Remarkable Onion
I admit that I've got a bad habit of buying games that I have no chance of running if they have a discount.

Fortunately, I've found a pretty cheap gaming desktop that I'm saving up for.
You'd be surprised how many games you can get to run on low-end hardware, if you're willing to play them with PS3-quality graphics. There's a whole YouTube channel dedicated to it: https://www.youtube.com/c/LowSpecGamer/videos

SSF2T Old User

Hellovan Onion
2 announcements for anyone that didn't know.

1. HuniePop 2 released a few days ago.
HuniePop-2.jpg
Screenshot_2021-02-12_10-50-17.png

For anyone that want's a bit of info before you buy, here's some bullet points.
  • Any linux user that wants to play this just like the first game is stuck playing the windows version on WINE. It's for Win/Mac only as of now
  • As the name implies, you date two women at the same time, making the game a bit more difficult than the previous game
  • New cast of characters including a tranny.
  • From what I've seen online (I.E. other image boards), not too many people are enjoying this since the writing/dialogue is more cringy than the last game
  • There's a patch for an uncensored version of the game - https://mega.nz/file/mxcQSLIJ#7DioMgsh6FSRnKkUOPag07EN-J5pR78xAqyyongP_ho

2. EPIC Store announced that the entire Kingdom Hearts series is coming to PC (of course, EPIC Store exclusive)
Screenshot_2021-02-12_11-00-33.png

naught

`he who laughs last laughs best`
Registered
I want a proper version of the later Halo iterations, that's not going to happen.

Mario

Mamamia
Hellovan Onion
I want a proper version of the later Halo iterations, that's not going to happen.
Last I heard the Master chief collection is buggy as hell. They might make a PC version for current Halos on PC but don't expect it to work properly or well.