general vidya discussion

wtfeasymode

this game sucks
Remarkable Onion
Since other users are making threads on various hobbies I decided to make one for vidja games. Anything from console war spergery to why we need more PC ports and old games to brand new releases.

cjöcker

Remarkable Onion
Beat me to it! I was just making this thread.

These past 2 months have been big for gaming! A new console generation, and a fuckload of new games are coming out.

Spider-Man: Miles Morales is probably one of the best superhero games out there today, I think it surpasses Spider-Man PS4 by a lot and Miles is an overall better character, Miles has something to prove unlike Peter Parker who we already know is a legend and top bloke and quite frankly is just a Mary Sue. "I can't save all the people" being the worst of Peter's issues is so ridiculous.

I'm quite skeptical of Cyberpunk 2077, it has been delayed so many times and it screams of dogshit management. I feel like a lot of people are forgetting it's an RPG too, look at the trailers, non stop action explosions and shit and a lot of people are going to be disappointed when it comes out and the gameplay isn't as high octane that the trailers made it out to be.

cjöcker

Remarkable Onion
The Game Awards are also soon. I think TLOU2 is going to win GOTY and if it does it deserves it, it was nowhere near as bad as the public made it out to be and while it was miserable I appreciate it as a video game, I guess. I'm a massive id Software fanboy so I really want DOOM Eternal to win. I only see either DOOM or TLOU2 winning.

Last year I was hoping that Control would win GOTY. That game is severely underrated and I think that everyone ought to play it at some point, it's one of Remedy's best games, even better than Max Payne.

wtfeasymode

this game sucks
Remarkable Onion
I've been currently playing a few games as of recently like Red Dead 2 and this chink game called Xuan Yuan Sword which is Taiwanese jank but still enjoyable in a sense. One of my recent underrated faves has been a game inspired by Bomberman called Ponpu which is pretty fun imo. I'll leave the trailer for it here.

Lumin

I watch you type
Baby Onion
Recently I've been delivering tofu in Need for Speed: Carbon, driving my old Trueno, rolling the water and all that. The same roads get boring after a while, but it's fun seeing how close I can get to the guardrail without touching.

Last edited:

Mario

Mamamia
Hellovan Onion
Been playing borderlands 2 for the first time and I'm enjoying it a lot. I'm trying to stop myself from having an autistic spurt and start taking it to seriously maxing and mining my time until it becomes stale.

cjöcker

Remarkable Onion
Been playing borderlands 2 for the first time and I'm enjoying it a lot. I'm trying to stop myself from having an autistic spurt and start taking it to seriously maxing and mining my time until it becomes stale.
Skip all of the DLCs except for Tiny Tina because experiencing them feels like having a hole drilled into your skull.

flipwizardmagoo

Registered
Anyone else playing Cyberpunk? Reddit of course is full of people sperging about everything, but I admit I have a fair share of issues already myself.

Josh's Favourite Diaper

I hate demonrats
Remarkable Onion
I've been slowly getting back into playing animal crossing new horizons after I got burnt out on it due to all the crafting and stuff. It's mostly a game I turn on in the background while I do other shit, since I don't need to actively pay attention to it.

• Haha
Reactions: BSC

wtfeasymode

this game sucks
Remarkable Onion
Game Awards stream:
Pre-show stream starts at 3:30 pm PT/6:30 p.m ET. main show stream starts at 4:00 pm PT/7:00 p.m ET
Gamespot stream:
IGN stream:
Anyone else playing Cyberpunk? Reddit of course is full of people sperging about everything, but I admit I have a fair share of issues already myself.
Not yet, but I do have it installed