Bug Reports

Subtitle
Aka can upload media thread

Empresa

Ladmin
Also, why are we getting all these downvote raids lately? I know I'm a relatively new user here but I can't recall these raids being as frequent as they are since the last two months.
yeaaaaah they took out a good chunk of my reddit karma points, theyre are dedicated thats for sure , we rectified it by giving users a bunch of points back . can't really do anything about the stickers they left. I reccomend you disable sticker notifs , I'll be honest our forum is so small i don't have notifs on unless people tag or reply to me. some of it was ashley other times it was onionfarts. it doesnt really matter if its an issue with the regulars we'll deal with it.

Nektar Geist

An Onion Among Onions
Also, why are we getting all these downvote raids lately?
Saddos with too much time, not enough personality, it is the internet y'know?
I know I'm a relatively new user here but I can't recall these raids being as frequent as they are since the last two months.
It's just stickers. This isn't Commie Farms. TBF, I will propose this: Make all neg ratings neutral. This site is more "lax" in it's negging culture compared to the kwiffar. This will also deter the raiders, being that negging being so important to the raiders, they having no incentive to be like really fucking childish, I mean c'mon, that's like teenage shit really.

I think this is a workable solution that is simple to implement. @Sailfish what do you think?

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
I'm your friendly neighborhood skinwalker
Saddos with too much time, not enough personality, it is the internet y'know?

It's just stickers. This isn't Commie Farms. TBF, I will propose this: Make all neg ratings neutral. This site is more "lax" in it's negging culture compared to the kwiffar. This will also deter the raiders, being that negging being so important to the raiders, they having no incentive to be like really fucking childish, I mean c'mon, that's like teenage shit really.

I think this is a workable solution that is simple to implement. @Sailfish what do you think?
Ok. I will check this out.

The Gays From LA

The Gays From LA Took My K.Flay Away
Hellovan Onion
Guys, is the media tag no longer automatically unfolding tweets? In this new post I made, I listed a whole bunch of tweets, but the media tag only unfolds a couple of them, and they are different ones every time, whereas all the other tweets just disappear. Any idea what might be causing this problem with tweets not expanding and disappearing?

MediaTagNoLongerWorking.jpgMediaTagNoLongerWorking01.jpg

Leafbug

Like a leaf, but a bug.
Ladmin
Guys, is the media tag no longer automatically unfolding tweets? In this new post I made, I listed a whole bunch of tweets, but the media tag only unfolds a couple of them, and they are different ones every time, whereas all the other tweets just disappear. Any idea what might be causing this problem with tweets not expanding and disappearing?

View attachment 38071View attachment 38070

Based on recent experiences on another platform, I think it might be a change to the twitter api. I can check the scripts here, but a bunch of embed-bots on other platforms recently stopped working too.

The Gays From LA

Hellovan Onion
Based on recent experiences on another platform, I think it might be a change to the twitter api. I can check the scripts here, but a bunch of embed-bots on other platforms recently stopped working too.
I see, that's what I was worried about. Ever since Twitter has become X you can't see almost anything unless you're logged in.
When you visit an account the tweets are no longer displayed chronologically but according to rank/popularity.
It's so annoying. I really don't want to be logged into Twitter while doing research.

Leafbug

Like a leaf, but a bug.
Ladmin
I see, that's what I was worried about. Ever since Twitter has become X you can't see almost anything unless you're logged in.
When you visit an account the tweets are no longer displayed chronologically but according to rank/popularity.
It's so annoying. I really don't want to be logged into Twitter while doing research.
Yes, exactly. The permissions changed and it's inconsistent from what I've observed, that's why the tweets sometimes embed/roll and don't at other times. Depending on your browser and dervice, I have noticed you can read some content and then get errors for the rest.

Having briefly held a developer account for Twitter, the API is a schizophrenic mess. It's shocking it works as well as it does.

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
Yes, exactly. The permissions changed and it's inconsistent from what I've observed, that's why the tweets sometimes embed/roll and don't at other times. Depending on your browser and dervice, I have noticed you can read some content and then get errors for the rest.

Having briefly held a developer account for Twitter, the API is a schizophrenic mess. It's shocking it works as well as it does.
I may have a workaround for this: I want you to visit my website on this specific page. I have tabbed accordions with embedded Twitter Timelines. I would like you to click on one of the tabs and the hyperlink and see if you can get a timeline of the tweets. Make sure you are signed out of your twitter. https://kennetherwinengelhardt.com/page-3-russia-coverage/

The Gays From LA

Hellovan Onion
I may have a workaround for this: I want you to visit my website on this specific page. I have tabbed accordions with embedded Twitter Timelines. I would like you to click on one of the tabs and the hyperlink and see if you can get a timeline of the tweets. Make sure you are signed out of your twitter. https://kennetherwinengelhardt.com/page-3-russia-coverage/
Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be working. I clicked on this link, and the tweets (xes?) of this account were again displayed according to popularity instead of chronologically like in the old days:

The Gays From LA

Hellovan Onion
@Empresa @Leafbug @Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt Guys, please check if the site is getting DDoSed. I am getting the disappearing text box again. The only way around this is for me to delete and re-install Tor... and I had to do that twice within 4 days, which is unprecedented. It's never been this bad before. Usually a new Tor download will last me at least month before needing to be reinstalled due to the disappearing text box problem.

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
@Empresa @Leafbug @Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt Guys, please check if the site is getting DDoSed. I am getting the disappearing text box again. The only way around this is for me to delete and re-install Tor... and I had to do that twice within 4 days, which is unprecedented. It's never been this bad before. Usually a new Tor download will last me at least month before needing to be reinstalled due to the disappearing text box problem.
Ok. I will get someone on this.

Leafbug

Like a leaf, but a bug.
Ladmin
I don't see anything to indicate a DDoS attack, one consistent problem with Tor exit nodes isn't at the site level, it's actually with the host security protocols.