Recommend anime & manga

Boingotango

Hellovan Onion
Everything after Saiyan arc is ass that only gets worse and that you ignore the OG dragon ball well referencing Super+GT says it all! Very sad!

Lol fuck you. Vegeta on Namek killing Frieza's minions alone was cooler than most of Saiyan Saga.

Lol yeah you're right about that, Dragon Ball MUST be included.

Piccolo+Red Ribbon Army is probably better than cell saga, I especially love Goku training with Kami, but i'd but the rest of it on about par with the Buu Saga, which is still really good.

SSF2T Old User

No Super Combos Necessary
Hellovan Onion
Regarding DBZ I have the Funimation Orange Boxsets (up to the end of the Cell Saga... I still need to get the Majinbu shit). It's interesting to see what a huge contrast the dialogue between the Japanese and English versions are. The biggest example I can think of is after Goku and Vegeta fight and Krillin wants to kill Vegeta so he doesn't escape. Goku gives two different reasons why he wants Krillin to let Vegeta go depending on the dialogue version. In English it's because he wants to show Vegeta sympathy and that not everyone on earth is a cruel bastard so maybe one day he will join the team in a fight to save everyone. In the Japan dialogue it's because Goku is selfish and wants Vegeta to recover to become more powerful so he can fight him again in the future.

I have to say though, I despise Goku's Japanese voice... he sounds like a midget/little kid inside an adult body. His English voice sounds like it actually fits the character.

Boingotango

Hellovan Onion
Regarding DBZ I have the Funimation Orange Boxsets (up to the end of the Cell Saga... I still need to get the Majinbu shit). It's interesting to see what a huge contrast the dialogue between the Japanese and English versions are. The biggest example I can think of is after Goku and Vegeta fight and Krillin wants to kill Vegeta so he doesn't escape. Goku gives two different reasons why he wants Krillin to let Vegeta go depending on the dialogue version. In English it's because he wants to show Vegeta sympathy and that not everyone on earth is a cruel bastard so maybe one day he will join the team in a fight to save everyone. In the Japan dialogue it's because Goku is selfish and wants Vegeta to recover to become more powerful so he can fight him again in the future.

I have to say though, I despise Goku's Japanese voice... he sounds like a midget/little kid inside an adult body. His English voice sounds like it actually fits the character.
I really can't stand the Japense voices in general. I wanted to be a subfag but couldn't get past the annoying shrieking jap voices.

Obaniel

snailslimes lover...and maybe Busty O' Coof
Baby Onion
Which arc?
Dragon ball z kai was my favorite and thats about it for me. The rest of dbz seems to repeat itself with different characters in my opinion, which isnt to say the rest isnt worth watching.

I recommend watching Dorohedoro and Kokkoku.

Dorohedoro:
Dorohedoro_anime.png

Kokkoku:
Kokkoku_Anime_Poster.jpg

Boingotango

Hellovan Onion
Dragon ball z kai was my favorite and thats about it for me. The rest of dbz seems to repeat itself with different characters in my opinion, which isnt to say the rest isnt worth watching.

I recommend watching Dorohedoro and Kokkoku.

Dorohedoro:
View attachment 5262

Kokkoku:
View attachment 5263

Oh boy, you liked the watered down version with shitty music. I will give kai credit for cutting out some of the long drawn out padding tbf.

Honestly, if you like normal anime, you'd probably like the Majin Buu saga even better I think, and iirc Kai cuts off at Cell Saga, I'd recommend giving it a shot.

naught

`he who laughs last laughs best`
Registered
Parasyte kissieju sei no kakuritsu
Death parade

Last edited by a moderator:

naught

Registered

The Fool

Remarkable Onion
Planetarian - Really sad, especially if you like robots. It'll absolutely bum you out, especially if you only watch the 5 episode series. I recommend the movie "Hoshi no Hito" (aka "Stargazer" aka "Storyteller of the Stars"), since it's most of the series plus new content. "A Snow Globe" also recently came out, so that's another thing you can watch if you liked it. I recommend queuing up some moeshit slice of life to watch afterwards, because it'll probably make you a little depressed.
(Manga note: There is no manga, it's adapted from a completely linear/non-interactive VN)

Shiki - A little drawn out but it's cool how it plays with morals, there's not really a good side or a bad side, it's just two sides trying to survive in spite of each other. I just love how it takes the concept of the vampire and makes it realistic instead of just emo superman like a lot of fiction does to vampires. It mostly reminds me of "Let Me In"/"Let The Right One In" if you've seen either of those films. Also to note that two episodes got cut from the TV airing for being too gruesome (If you download it, check if it comes with episodes 20.5 and 21.5, those are the unaired episodes. 20.5 was genuinely hard for me to watch).
(Manga note: The anime is great but if you really, really liked it than I recommend the manga since a couple things are different, it's not like JoJo where it's a 1:1 translation)

Gankutsuou - Gay Count of Monte Cristo. It's The Count of Monte Cristo so it's automatically good. I really like how they retold the story to be from Albert's perspective, honestly it almost feels like the original story should have been written this way. I once heard that you can turn a story from a heroic quest to a Greek tragedy just by changing the character perspective and this is a great example of that.
(Manga note: The manga was made after the anime, and it looks like dogshit. I didn't read it but if you like manga that much then knock yourself out)

Last edited:

naught

Registered
Planetarian - Really sad, especially if you like robots. It'll absolutely bum you out, especially if you only watch the 5 episode series. I recommend the movie "Hoshi no Hito" (aka "Stargazer" aka "Storyteller of the Stars"), since it's most of the series plus new content. "A Snow Globe" also recently came out, so that's another thing you can watch if you liked it. I recommend queuing up some moeshit slice of life to watch afterwards, because it'll probably make you a little depressed.
(Manga note: There is no manga, it's adapted from a completely linear/non-interactive VN)

Shiki - A little drawn out but it's cool how it plays with morals, there's not really a good side or a bad side, it's just two sides trying to survive in spite of each other. I just love how it takes the concept of the vampire and makes it realistic instead of just emo superman like a lot of fiction does to vampires. It mostly reminds me of "Let Me In"/"Let The Right One In" if you've seen either of those films. Also to note that two episodes got cut from the TV airing for being too gruesome (If you download it, check if it comes with episodes 20.5 and 21.5, those are the unaired episodes. 20.5 was genuinely hard for me to watch).
(Manga note: The anime is great but if you really, really liked it than I recommend the manga since a couple things are different, it's not like JoJo where it's a 1:1 translation)

Gankutsuou - Gay Count of Monte Cristo. It's The Count of Monte Cristo so it's automatically good. I really like how they retold the story to be from Albert's perspective, honestly it almost feels like the original story should have been written this way. I once heard that you can turn a story from a heroic quest to a Greek tragedy just by changing the character perspective and this is a great example of that.
(Manga note: The manga was made after the anime, and it looks like dogshit. I didn't read it but if you like manga that much then knock yourself out)
Based a new member for the animu mafia