Kiwifarms Gossip Kiwifarms Down a Lot

General gossip about kiwifarms

Jazz never died!

Why are we still here, just to suffer?
Remarkable Onion
The terrorist trannies shuting down Kiwi Farms. Meanwhile the "splinters" and Ethan Ralph are doing just fine while the skeptics are either dieing or embarrassing themselves in grand fashion.

Empresa

Ladmin
image-19.png

Carl

It don't matter. None of this matters.
Registered
Are you aware of a warrant being issued for him?
There's always been talk about Josh having warrants. I think Josh even said he was a fugitive (it was in a thread of shit he wants to do, like a bucket list or something). But God forbid anybody ask or you'd be dogpiled about your join date.

The Gays From LA

The Gays From LA Took My K.Flay Away
Hellovan Onion
Pee Cola said: Will there ever be a final solution to the XenForo question?

Null: i have trouble falling asleep sometimes because im daydreaming about how to set up the replacement. i might start crowdfunding it soon.

Did you read that, Kiwis? Null wants some more of your money to replace Xenforo, because all the money you gave him during #DKF, when you bought his patches or through superchats, that was clearly not enough to motive Null to fix his broken forum. Null has motivation issues, you see.

For those of you who think that the MATI thread has the biggest continuous public blowjob of Null on KF, make sure you check the TG thread every now and then for the real pick-mes: it's filled with Null's fellow RTFM brocoders trying to impress him with their mad skillz, or average user Kiwis who think Null is a tech wizard:

This is the first time all weekend that I haven't gotten 502 errors trying to access the site. Wow, Josh. Great moves, keep it up. Proud of you!

Yeah, Null must've banged his fist on some hardware and then he kicked it a couple of times while hurling slurs at it. Somehow that fixed all the 502 errors. (You know this is more likely to work than whatever Null has been doing.)

When everything else fails, Null can always force his users to cycle through 5 different browsers to find the one that works for that particular hour of the day:

KiwiFlare
Is this mobile safari or what? Does it still happen if you use Chrome or FireFox?

Last edited:

The Gays From LA

Hellovan Onion
Kiwiflare backend is down yet again. I'm so disappointed Josharu.

many such cases.

Here we go again! Null is once again playing deflection bingo and blaming his users of, quote, "breaking the site". Pretty sure these hapless users haven't done anything to break the site whatsoever. Rather this is Null pulling the same shit he usually does, trying to guilt-trip them into thinking that whatever is wrong with his website is somehow their fault.

Technical Grievances
I genuinely have no idea what use patterns you guys are doing to break the site. I literally cannot intentionally do it.
Null · Post #5,729 · Today at 12:24 AM · Forum: Forum Discussion

KiwiFlare

I have no information on how this happens. I don't know what people are doing to accomplish it.
Null · Post #542 · Today at 7:29 AM · Forum: Forum Discussion

Null would gave me this crap too whenever I'd go into the TG thread, accusing me of meaningless bullshit like "breaking SSL", "breaking the cache" and crap. Don't trip on the guilt-trip, Kiwis. All he's telling you is that he just won't fix his website for you, and he expects you to put up with having to use a broken website. Because his site is such hot shit, you will put up with that, won't you?

Later Null went to the KiwiFlare thread and admits that it's not his users breaking anything (duh), rather his site is under attack again:

KiwiFlare
We've been under near-constant D/DoS attacks for the last few days. The system has mostly been able to handle it with some config tweaks, but the net was cast too wide, which was causing 429 errors. I've identified the problem and you should no longer see 429 errors.

Just now, I applied a small update to the KiwiFlare which should have a big change. I believe I have improved the system's ability to handle concurrency. I had observed that the CPUs were not pegged (meaning, they were well below 100% utilization), but there was another bottleneck, which I believe was poor concurrency causing all 48 cores to block when receiving thousands of requests a second.

In my local tests, I had previously been able to cause DDoS loads of 30,000+ requests before seeing issues. However, with the new improvement, I was not able to reproduce the issue with any number of requests before being bottlenecked by socket counts.

Edit: There's a very heavy attack that I'm using to experiment with config options.

Please report if you receive an Error 403, or Error 429, while using the website.
I need to know if you are using a VPN or public network as well. If you are using a VPN, please say which one.

Edit 2: There's still an on-going attack. If there's downtime, switching to European VPNs or Tor may help.

Null · Post #493 · Today at 4:02 AM · Forum: Forum Discussion

So his hapless users really didn't break anything, it was his site getting DDoSed. But hey, why lose an opportunity to fuck with your innocent/naive users, who don't have the technical knowledge to know you're talking out of your ass whenever you're blaming your own incompetence on them?

KiwiFlare
I have changed the rules so that no 403s should happen anymore. I don't know what I can do for 429s for people on bareback mobile or popular VPNs. I am really hurting to get IPv6 announced.

If you don't know, mobile users are the primary users of IPv6. When a website is IPv4, many users will have to share the same IP.

Null · Post #509 · Today at 5:29 AM · Forum: Forum Discussion

Null pulls his usual RTFM brocoder crap and proceeds to shame one of his non-techie users for not being able to explain whatever problem they are experiencing in technical terms - not that Null would be better able to fix their problem if they did, he'd still be just as helpless.

glass_houses said: Eta: @Null I am not good with computers, but I'm wondering if it could be a browser issue on the user end? I use Firefox on both my mobile and my pc and honestly, over the past couple of months it's been absolute shite, ridiculously buggy on both devices.

no clue what buggy or shite means. I need real words.

Null · Post #516 · Today at 5:53 AM · Forum: Forum Discussion

C.S.O. esq

Ladmin
Here we go again! Null is once again playing deflection bingo and blaming his users of, quote, "breaking the site". Pretty sure these hapless users haven't done anything to break the site whatsoever. Rather this is Null pulling the same shit he usually does, trying to guilt-trip them into thinking that whatever is wrong with his website is somehow their fault.
Get confrontational when t5alking to him. Many tech savy users bullied josh into correcting mistakes.
not that Null would be better able to fix their problem if they did, he'd still be just as helpless.
Not knowing what you're doing and pissing off anyone who may help or at least hurt your chances is detrimental?

The Gays From LA

Hellovan Onion