Bug Reports

Subtitle
Aka can upload media thread

The Gays From LA

The Gays From LA Took My K.Flay Away
Hellovan Onion
I just got a couple of these in a row:

SecureConnectionFailed.jpg

Had to reroute and log in all over again.

Leafbug

Like a leaf, but a bug.
Ladmin
I just got a couple of these in a row:

View attachment 33583

Had to reroute and log in all over again.
Can you please send me a DM or post with your browser and connection information? Mostly looking for browser, mobile/desktop and if you're using a particular VPN. I can't get this one to happen when I try it, but I have limited testing capability. I might be able to replicate it if I can narrow down that combination.

The Gays From LA

Hellovan Onion
My old friend the disappearing text box was back today:

OF_Disappearing_TextBox.jpg

This could be an indication that someone is trying to DDoS OF right now - since the very same issued would also occur on KF during Application Level DDoS attacks - so please have a look into this.

And once again, the only workaround for this issue is to delete and reinstall Tor.
Can someone out there please ask XenForo why their forum software keeps doing this? Is this some built-in security feature they've programmed into their forum where it automatically shuts down input/output in response to Application Level DDoS attacks?

If that's what's happening here, then at the very least the webmaster should be notified when XenForo notices getting DDoSed and proceeds to shut down i/o. Ideally the user would also be notified, so they know why the text box is gone. Like I said, the first time this happened to me on KF I thought I was shadowbanned because Null wouldn't explain a damn thing, so it would be nice if the forum software itself issues a warning, if a webmaster is being unhelpful.

delphi

refugee
Hellovan Onion

View attachment 33826

This could be an indication that someone is trying to DDoS OF right now - since the very same issued would also occur on KF during Application Level DDoS attacks - so please have a look into this.

And once again, the only workaround for this issue is to delete and reinstall Tor.
Can someone out there please ask XenForo why their forum software keeps doing this? Is this some built-in security feature they've programmed into their forum where it automatically shuts down input/output in response to Application Level DDoS attacks?

If that's what's happening here, then at the very least the webmaster should be notified when XenForo notices getting DDoSed and proceeds to shut down i/o. Ideally the user would also be notified, so they know why the text box is gone. Like I said, the first time this happened to me on KF I thought I was shadowbanned because Null wouldn't explain a damn thing, so it would be nice if the forum software itself issues a warning, if a webmaster is being unhelpful.
All of the errors I've been getting over the last week are ones I used to get on KF, on both clearnet and Tor. Sometimes clearing your cache helps and sometimes refreshing multiple times helps, but my point is that I've never experienced them on OF before. Something is amiss.

The Gays From LA

Hellovan Onion
All of the errors I've been getting over the last week are ones I used to get on KF, on both clearnet and Tor. Sometimes clearing your cache helps and sometimes refreshing multiple times helps, but my point is that I've never experienced them on OF before. Something is amiss.

The only thing KF and OF have in common is that they both run XenForo so the most logical conclusion is that it's XenForo doing this.

Clearing the cache and refreshing does not work for everyone experiencing issues. That was essentially what my beef with Null was about when I got fed up and left KF. The way Null would tell people posting about their issues in TG, like a fucking broken record, to flush cache and refresh. Those of us posting in TG knew of the workarounds and had already done those things. We were asking for help because the standard workarounds weren't doing anything for us anymore. He just couldn't get that. :rolleyes:

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
I'm your friendly neighborhood skinwalker
Tell me in detail what errors you are encountering. I am contacting my developer this afternoon.

delphi

refugee
Hellovan Onion
Tell me in detail what errors you are encountering. I am contacting my developer this afternoon.
I'm getting frequent page could not be loaded errors which aren't always fixed with the first refresh.
1683831809527.png

Images don't always load for me. I can usually fix this by opening the image in a new tab, but not always.

Quoting doesn't always work for me. The quoting problem happens both using the reply button and using highlight and reply.

Reactions don't always work. Sometimes scrolling so the post is in a different place on my screen fixes this.

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
I'm your friendly neighborhood skinwalker
I'm getting frequent page could not be loaded errors which aren't always fixed with the first refresh.
View attachment 33837

Images don't always load for me. I can usually fix this by opening the image in a new tab, but not always.

Quoting doesn't always work for me. The quoting problem happens both using the reply button and using highlight and reply.

Reactions don't always work. Sometimes scrolling so the post is in a different place on my screen fixes this.
Done. Just sent a screengrab of the errors.

C.S.O. esq

Ladmin
I'm going to look into this right now, can you tell me if the site was running slowly or if there were any other issues showing up when this happens?
Is there anything else you can tell me about what goes on when you experience the issues?

When they don't work do you see them try and take effect and not load in or is it something else?
I have this problem sometimes too, and what I do is, I just press the quote button again and just wait longer. That usually will push the quote through.
Is it a few seconds or longer would you say?

fag0t

Hellovan Onion
please move the lolcow wiki button i keep clicking on it and i swear it wasnt there the other day
01.PNG