Bug Reports

Subtitle
Aka can upload media thread

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
I'm your friendly neighborhood skinwalker
@Sailfish I still cannot embed time-stamped Youtube Livestreams that use the new URL syntax

View attachment 33483

I have to manually change this new Youtube URL syntax for time-stamps within Livestreams:

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/live/QtgLaz4Arfc?feature=share&t=560

I have to manually change it into this, which is the old Youtube URL syntax (that is still used for time-stamping regular videos, but no longer for Livestreams):

Code:
https://youtu.be/QtgLaz4Arfc?t=560

Is there a way to fix it so that that the Embed Media input field accepts the new Youtube Livestream URL syntax without rejecting it?
I will check this today.

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
I'm your friendly neighborhood skinwalker
@Sailfish I still cannot embed time-stamped Youtube Livestreams that use the new URL syntax

View attachment 33483

I have to manually change this new Youtube URL syntax for time-stamps within Livestreams:

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/live/QtgLaz4Arfc?feature=share&t=560

I have to manually change it into this, which is the old Youtube URL syntax (that is still used for time-stamping regular videos, but no longer for Livestreams):

Code:
https://youtu.be/QtgLaz4Arfc?t=560

Is there a way to fix it so that that the Embed Media input field accepts the new Youtube Livestream URL syntax without rejecting it?
My apologies: Could you explain your issue to @C.S.O esq or @Leafbug in Talk to Staff? I am not that technically savvy in solving things such as this.

The Gays From LA

The Gays From LA Took My K.Flay Away
Hellovan Onion
Yeah no problems @The Gays From LA make a TTS thread and we'll dig into it and take a look.
TBH, come to think of it, I don't know if it can be fixed on your end. It's XenForo that has to change the Embed Media module to accept the new URL syntax that Youtube is now using for Livestreams as opposed to regular videos, so this seems like it's an update XenForo have to implement, not the webmasters using their forum software. Correct me if I'm wrong.

C.S.O. esq

Ladmin
TBH, come to think of it, I don't know if it can be fixed on your end. It's XenForo that has to change the Embed Media module to accept the new URL syntax that Youtube is now using for Livestreams as opposed to regular videos, so this seems like it's an update XenForo have to implement, not the webmasters using their forum software. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I would have to look into it a little bit myself but off the top of my head there shouldn't be a separate issue with embedding livestreams. I'll check into it real quick and find out though.
I can't upvote posts or embed media or quote messages in posts, this in several threads.
Are we getting DDoSed too?
Are you also having an issue getting pages to load in by chance?

The Gays From LA

The Gays From LA Took My K.Flay Away
Hellovan Onion
Are you also having an issue getting pages to load in by chance?

No, not with loading threads. I can load any thread just fine.
Just with voting, quoting and embedding media. And it only happens in specific threads.
For example, I was able to quote you above just fine.
But if I try to quote someone in f.e. the Elaine thread, or if I try to embed her Livestream, I can't.
The "Embed Media" window itself won't show up.

Leafbug

Like a leaf, but a bug.
Ladmin
No, not with loading threads. I can load any thread just fine.
Just with voting, quoting and embedding media. And it only happens in specific threads.
For example, I was able to quote you above just fine.
But if I try to quote someone in f.e. the Elaine thread, or if I try to embed her Livestream, I can't.
The "Embed Media" window itself won't show up.
Did you get it to work? I tried to replicate this error, and the embed media window pops up with some weird quirks, the window anchors seem to be messed up.

delphi

refugee
Hellovan Onion
I can't upvote posts or embed media or quote messages in posts, this in several threads.
Are we getting DDoSed too?
Same problem intermittently here. Also getting this occasionally. There aren't enough members and guests online to be causing it.

1683421823210.png

Leafbug

Like a leaf, but a bug.
Ladmin
I don't see anything immediately obvious, there was a similar problem a few months ago. It does not appear traffic related.

fag0t

Hellovan Onion
The trannies could be DDOSing this site now since KF is down as the main target and they would consider us as a 'splinter'. Though I'd imagine the traffic coming here in general should be at least a little higher with KF down.
its the trannies from kiwifarms lurking causing it