Music Related & Entertainment Last of Us (T.V and games)

Firegirl26

Hellovan Onion

OK so tonight’s the night. The premiere of the new HBO show Last of Us based on the award winning video game. this thread topic is basically for the video game the TV show and any other multi media.

When the video game came out it’s one of the few times I’ve ever played the game multiple times just to get everything in it. I almost got 100%. I love the mechanics because there is so many ways to kill something. I also learned. I’m not very good at sneaking around video games. I don’t know why.

C.S.O. esq

Ladmin

OK so tonight’s the night. The premiere of the new HBO show Last of Us based on the award winning video game. this thread topic is basically for the video game the TV show and any other multi media.

When the video game came out it’s one of the few times I’ve ever played the game multiple times just to get everything in it. I almost got 100%. I love the mechanics because there is so many ways to kill something. I also learned. I’m not very good at sneaking around video games. I don’t know why.
I'll have to check it out. Is it supposed to be a mini series or no?

Empresa

Ladmin
ah cool I'll watch it im a sucker for coonsooomable medias im currently watching the second/final season of Hunters on Amazon Prime
1050524952555696188.webp

Empresa

Ladmin
OMG I KNOW edge of my seat it just dropped on the free streaming sites
1673837862130.png

Jazz never died!

Why are we still here, just to suffer?
Remarkable Onion

So your the person who was simping Last of Us on my server. How did you like the first episode?

Firegirl26

Hellovan Onion
So your the person who was simping Last of Us on my server. How did you like the first episode?
I actually love the first episode they did change the Lore little bit. The characters still acted like they do in the game.
In the first part of the show ,Joel and his daughter we see more of the relationship. we also see a glimpse of life before shit hits the fan.
The monsters are not in focus. They’re mostly in background. I think there’s one scene that they’re in and that’s in the beginning. it’s simplistic, but efficient way of introducing the monsters of the show.
Episode one, I felt really brought the audience in the world of the last of us. Because you see the effect of how devastating it is to be in a world where everyone lost everything. For example, the year is supposed to be 2023. The end of the world happened 2003.

Slidey Boi

Modguin
Local Moderator
I must be too jaded, but I didn't really enjoy the game... Its probably fine in general, but I just really found the whole story about the heartwarming budding friendship between the cynical old man and the young girl who is the 'chosen special' one just too cliche for me. Combine that with controls and gameplay that I found frustrating (I don't do to well with 3D and exploration, I get lost constantly and disoriented, and have poor sense of distance in these games, but its probably mostly on my end) and I just didn't see a need to keep playing after a while...

With the track record of game to series adaptations being nearly 100% shite in order to appeal to the masses more, I'm not too interested here. Although I have to say its very refreshing to hear that they recreated the beginning faithfully. And if you are a fan of the game and are pleased with how they are handling it, then that's also more than I'd expect.

Cowboy

Registered
I must be too jaded, but I didn't really enjoy the game... Its probably fine in general, but I just really found the whole story about the heartwarming budding friendship between the cynical old man and the young girl who is the 'chosen special' one just too cliche for me. Combine that with controls and gameplay that I found frustrating (I don't do to well with 3D and exploration, I get lost constantly and disoriented, and have poor sense of distance in these games, but its probably mostly on my end) and I just didn't see a need to keep playing after a while...

With the track record of game to series adaptations being nearly 100% shite in order to appeal to the masses more, I'm not too interested here. Although I have to say its very refreshing to hear that they recreated the beginning faithfully. And if you are a fan of the game and are pleased with how they are handling it, then that's also more than I'd expect.
this is the only thing i know about the game

Firegirl26

Hellovan Onion
Episode two dropped yesterday.
It was pretty much like the video game with some differences. The episode starts off with the government of Indonesia grabbing a little old science lady.. they take her to a hospital and tell her that something is happening. She needs to look at some thing. Of course it turns out that it’s the zombies. they explain to her where it happened, and how many people got infected. however, someone got away. When she realizes that the infection is going to spread the look on her face is chilling. All she asks is go back home and to be with her loved ones until shit hits the fan.

One of the main differences between the game and the TV show. The infection isn’t spread by spores. It’s infected by the small hairy tentacle things from the fungus.
Tess one of the main characters gets a kiss from an infected zombie, and it’s creepy because you see hairy things coming out of the mouth,
Tess , dies from a shoot out between her and the military. But in the TV show she dies in a blaze of glory,