• The best Kiwifarms splinter site on the internet
    All races, religions and political orientations are welcome.
    Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (Male, female, gay, straight. cis, trans) we don't care.
    If you can swing with a pack of gremlins on the Onionfarms, you are one of us.

How to make a webcomic - for beginners

cybertron

"Starting a webcomic is daunting if you have never maintained an online presence before, but it is a surmountable task."

For people with no previous experience, here's an useful guide :
https://www.thingsinsquares.com/blog/how-to-make-a-webcomic-start-write-create/

The most important thing is ; never give up and practice makes perfect.
Constructive criticism from the audience is also helpful.

cybertron

A step by step guide for beginners:

Getting ideas:

Writing stories:

More on writing:

Drawing comics:

Thumbnails and layouts:

Pencilling comics:

Lettering comics:

Inking your comics:

How to do it and further reading:

Cedric_Eff

Peel that pig and slice him thick!
Baby Onion
I’d recommend posting your comics onto a site like ComicFury. They have an extensive community of comic artists and an entire dedicated forum for comic artists. Also has extensive HTML tools. I’ve been using ComicFury to host my webcomic Roadside Adventure.

cybertron

ComicFury is indeed the best site for hosting webcomics. It's very flexible and has no ads.
I've used Smackjeeves and tapas.io before but now I use ComicFury to host my own work.

Cedric_Eff

Peel that pig and slice him thick!
Baby Onion
ComicFury is indeed the best site for hosting webcomics. It's very flexible and has no ads.
I've used Smackjeeves and tapas.io before but now I use ComicFury to host my own work.
I used Wix once to host a comic, but i realized if I hosted a comic on ComicFury, it was better.

cybertron

Remarkable Onion
Tips and resources regarding writing :

Creating backgrounds :

Action scene tutorials :

Tips for making character dialogue unique :

cybertron

Remarkable Onion
How to get your webcomic on the "Popular Now" list at comicfury :

Tl;dr: make sock accounts and rate your own comic with 5-star ratings. :thinking:
According to a moderator there, someone did this with 60 socks..

Screenshot 2022-10-24  How to get on Popular Now - Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting.png

Reason: screenshot

cybertron

Remarkable Onion
I finally did it.. drew Rule 34 of my own OCs. One of them naked in the shower. And now I feel I have sinned and need to pray.