Onionfarms Movie Night

In the process of being set up.

How to fix the onionfarms

Cowboyisaconman

SpergCage Resident
if you have been around this site im sure you know about this this site is supposed to have 3 thousand members yet only 12 at most are active and lots of these members have usernames that read like someone slammed their face on the number pad and pressed enter we need to fix this i think a big reason why this is the case is because the site looks dead so they assume its dead and leave how about have a introductions thread that you have to post in to gain access to the rest of the site

the other issue is we need to grow past being only the josh alog site this site for its entire history has been a place for kiwifarms rejects to shit on josh and nothing else no community or reason to go here just josh sucks jerks off to nekoshota etc and its not wrong that we alog josh josh sucks but its that its our bread and butter theres nothing else making people come here so its seen as a joke we are the discord cliques forum basically thats how its seen we need to change this

we need our own cows that kiwifarms has not covered theres so many in the wild waiting to be discovered this is something that even metocuck forums understanded having obsecure cows that kiwi will not allow due to formatting etc could be something we do or even trying to get normie reddit cows like trisha paytas recently trishyland was banned from reddit we can get them to join us this is how we grow instead of being a stuck ship that nobody wants to jump aboard

lastly as i touched on before in my previous thread KEEP A THEME stop changing the UI so much it angers the few users who use the site as expressed in that thread a sites UI is one of the most important parts and one of the reasons people perfer kiwifarms kiwifarms has like 10 other themes but they all look decent kiwifarms theme is nice and easy on the eyes unlike Kengle CSS which is blinding to the eyes and painful to look at

so to wrap it up we need to complete these tasks if we are ever going to grow as a community

1 grow past being just the josh moon alog forum
2 force inactive users to be active
3 keep a consistent theme

hope you read this kengle @Sailfish

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
I'm your friendly neighborhood skinwalker
You have mentioned there are still problems in the themes. There are 15 themes. You need to tell me where exactly you are having a problem in each theme so me or my staff can go about fixing them.

Gamercat

from lolcow.orgasm
Hellovan Onion
this is a website owned and operated by an severely autistic man obsessed with weird looking cubes sub saharan african geopolitics and chris chan what did you expect?

Reason: nig
Reactions: .I.

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
you ignored the first thing though grow beyond being the josh alog forum you have no plan for that nobody wants the LGBT theme i thought you were muslim is that not haram but people want content and just one good theme maybe like the kiwifarms theme but with purple anything other than the shit you have been making
I am more spiritual than anything else. I used a gay pride flag on one of the themes to show my appreciation for the LGBT Onions who contribute to the forum like anyone else. You have a lot of choices with choosing a theme. I don't think this poses an undue burden on anyone

The Gays From LA

The Gays From LA Took My K.Flay Away
Hellovan Onion
I think I've done a pretty good job of keeping this up and running.

I've been here for 2 months now, so this is just my opinion as a relative newbie.

Here are some possible reasons why most of those 3000 registered OF users aren't actively posting:

- Spur-of-the-moment posts are discouraged due to the "must make a protonmail account" requirement. Most people don't want to have to create a whole new e-mail account on a service provider they don't know (and might not even trust) just to sign up to post on a forum. The amount of time between an actual post and a sign-up should generally be as short as possible.

- For those that don't want to use Tor other free VPNs (again, because they might be unfamiliar with these services or don't trust them): a lot Europeans don't have credit cards to sign up with a commercial VPN provider because they use their own local payment systems that are debit card & pin based instead of credit card based, so that whole group is perhaps excluded from this site due to the VPN/Tor requirement.

- A lot of young people on both sides of the Atlantic don't under the need for alt e-mail accounts, or using a VPN/Tor or the concept of online privacy. Without the youth and their dedicated online communities based around Youtube Drama Channels, a gossip forum is almost dead.

- The TERFs that cross-post between Ovarit and KF won't post here because they're overwhelmingly middle-aged British/Euro women and not very tech savvy. TERFs have gotten better in this department over the years as they got more and more censored in more and more online spaces, but most of them are still middle-aged women with limited exposure to the online privacy community. Signing up for protonmail or downloading a VPN/Tor might be too much of a hassle for them.

- Some posts aren't genuinely funny or high effort, as opposed to KF where there's always going to be some high effort posting from at least some users. Here it's mostly shitposting for the lulz. I know a lot of you really hate the fact that "Kiwis take themselves so seriously", but I think of all the people who come to KF just for the high effort OPs because they want to read that information that is unavailable elsewhere.

- Some posts are written by people who can't or won't use punctuation, making them hard to read.

- Some posts are too esoteric to understand what they're about.

- I don't recognize most of the lolcows in the Transanity section of the forum, and I posted in the troon threads on KF for years so I thought I knew most of the famous troon lolcows. I said I was going to recreate some of the threads I was contributing to on KF, but I don't see the point of doing so if I'm going to be the only one posting there.

- Some users are hostile to newbies and want to alienate them by constantly downvoting their every post.

I don't know what the right solutions are to some of these problems.

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
I've been here for 2 months now, so this is just my opinion as a relative newbie.

Here are some possible reasons why most of those 3000 registered OF users aren't actively posting:

- Spur-of-the-moment posts are discouraged due to the "must make a protonmail account" requirement. Most people don't want to have to create a whole new e-mail account on a service provider they don't know (and might not even trust) just to sign up to post on a forum. The amount of time between an actual post and a sign-up should generally be as short as possible.

- For those that don't want to use Tor other free VPNs (again, because they might be unfamiliar with these services or don't trust them): a lot Europeans don't have credit cards to sign up with a commercial VPN provider because they use their own local payment systems that are debit card & pin based instead of credit card based, so that whole group is perhaps excluded from this site due to the VPN/Tor requirement.

- A lot of young people on both sides of the Atlantic don't under the need for alt e-mail accounts, or using a VPN/Tor or the concept of online privacy. Without the youth and their dedicated online communities based around Youtube Drama Channels, a gossip forum is almost dead.

- The TERFs that cross-post between Ovarit and KF won't post here because they're overwhelmingly middle-aged British/Euro women and not very tech savvy. TERFs have gotten better in this department over the years as they got more and more censored in more and more online spaces, but most of them are still middle-aged women with limited exposure to the online privacy community. Signing up for protonmail or downloading a VPN/Tor might be too much of a hassle for them.

- Some posts aren't genuinely funny or high effort, as opposed to KF where there's always going to be some high effort posting from at least some users. Here it's mostly shitposting for the lulz. I know a lot of you really hate the fact that "Kiwis take themselves so seriously", but I think of all the people who come to KF just for the high effort OPs because they want to read that information that is unavailable elsewhere.

- Some posts are written by people who can't or won't use punctuation, making them hard to read.

- Some posts are too esoteric to understand what they're about.

- I don't recognize most of the lolcows in the Transanity section of the forum, and I posted in the troon threads on KF for years so I thought I knew most of the famous troon lolcows. I said I was going to recreate some of the threads I was contributing to on KF, but I don't see the point of doing so if I'm going to be the only one posting there.

- Some users are hostile to newbies and want to alienate them by constantly downvoting their every post.

I don't know what the right solutions are to some of these problems.
There are some interesting points here that I would like to bring up to staff and see if we can come up with solutions for some of these.