Onionfarms Movie Night

In the process of being set up.

Western Europe 19 year old British student took his own life after ‘losing hope over climate change’

Related to Western Europe

The Gays From LA

The Gays From LA Took My K.Flay Away
Hellovan Onion
"He walked frequently in forests and natural reserves", so he touched grass regularly but still did himself in, literally killed himself in a park which means he wanted the public to find his body in a public space and then wonder why he did it:

Teenager took his own life after ‘losing hope over climate change’
https://www.yahoo.com/news/teenager-took-own-life-losing-201225907.html

A 19-year-old Greenpeace activist took his own life after “losing hope” over the future of the environment, his family have said.

Theo Khelfoune Ferreras, a film student from Walthamstow, north London, was found dead in Brighton's Wild Park on March 29.

His sister, Lisa Khelfoune, 18, revealed that Theo, who worked as a fundraiser for Greenpeace, grew increasingly despondent about his efforts to tackle climate change.

His is thought to be one of the first deaths linked by loved ones to concern over climate change.

The worsening climate crisis combined with the Covid-19 pandemic and the pressures of being a university student left him feeling anxious, his sister said.

“He wanted to contribute to a change in society and tried to live according to his values,” she told the Brighton Argus.

“He wore mainly second-hand clothes, rode his bike everywhere, he walked frequently in forests and natural reserves.

“I think he had a complete feeling of helplessness. Theo felt like what he was doing was futile and he lost hope in the future and this devastatingly affected his mental health.”

Empresa

Ladmin
oh another of elaine Miller 's friendz eh?
1682722647763.png

notgivingmynametoamachine

Gamma Ray Powered
Baby Onion
I remember leftist talking about climate denialism becoming a crime some day.. I'm starting to think it should be the other way around and people are made to answer for the hysteria they instilled in a whole gen not old enough to see the countless older attempts, by the same people, to doom over faux and or overblown issues just the same.

The Gays From LA

The Gays From LA Took My K.Flay Away
Hellovan Onion
I'm starting to think it should be the other way around and people are made to answer for the hysteria they instilled in a whole gen not old enough to see the countless older attempts, by the same people, to doom over faux and or overblown issues just the same.

I don't think environmental issues are fake or overblown, I do think environmentalists have scared a whole generation to the point where they feel it's all hopeless. The above tragedy is just one example of that hopelessness driven to the point of suicidality. If they want to promote environmental awareness - and there really IS a lot of shit really truly wrong with the environment (see superfund sites) - they should do so in a way that's empowering young people, not scaring them to the point where they totally give up. How are you gonna have an environmental movement when the next generation is like "fuck it, it's all hopeless, I'll just top myself cos it's over.". Tell kids what they can do instead of telling them what they can't do.