Americas "Why Gen Z Won't Join the Military"

Americas

The Gays From LA

The Gays From LA Took My K.Flay Away
Hellovan Onion
I keep seeing these videos:

Hint: they're "unqualified" because nerds make gear that only other nerds can use. The end result of this is that only nerds can join the army. Nerds cannot raise everyone to their level (because they're inherently too anti-social/autistic to do that), they can only exclude everyone that doesn't meet their high standards. On top of that elitism, when you attract nerds to the army, they expect the army to rival a Google Campus or their morale goes down.

The problem is not the "rocks" at the bottom, it's the nerds at the top literally coding exclusion into the shit they make. The Ukrainians told the Americans to stop send them all of that hi-tech gear, and to send them the easier-to-use old school stuff, because they just don't have the experience to use the new gear effectively, and they don't have the time to spend learning how to use it. That's your hint that you need stop allowing nerds to "fail upwards" in the army.

I didn't know the Army had make-up tutorials, LMAO:

They even have Army ASMR, LMAOOO:

LMAO, you'd better not post this video in /r/DogsWithJobs! (those of you who were reading my posts on KF in the Bardfinn thread, y'all know that this inside joke is in reference to)

Now, to answer the question, there are many reasons why Gen Z doesn't want to join the military.

As Upkin mentions in his video, Gen Z was promised a Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism that originated from and extended into the military. They were lied to and told that AI would automate away all the jobs, including all the military jobs, and war would become one country's Skynet versus another country's Skynet. They were told for decades that the future of warfare is going to be sitting in the safety of an office at the other side of the world bombing helpless brown people with a drone... only to discover in the War in Ukraine that warfare in the 21st century is exactly like warfare in the 20th: trench warfare and "meat grinders". Not very hi-tech, definitely not sexy.

Another reason Gen Z is scared of joining the military is because of mass gun violence and the anti-gun backlash that has fostered in the general public. In the old days, more young people grew up around guns, learned to use guns, and trusted their abilities to use them effectively. Gen Z is too traumatized by public school shootings and literally none of the adults around them fighting back to save them, to have a romantic idea about their ability to handle a foe with a gun.

Another reason I suspect Gen Z is scared of joining the military is, yes, video games, especially FPS and strategy games. People for years warned that playing these increasingly more graphic games at increasingly younger ages would make Gen Z more violent, but the opposite seems to have happened: Gen Z knows intuitively that violence in reality is nothing like violence in a computer game. This is related to the first reason: Gen Z was lied to that modern warfare was going to be like sitting in your room playing a video games, only to discover that it's the same it ever was. All those gamers who currently trad-LARP about being survivalists have likely never actually joined a militia to learn how to function in a group, have never been exposed to military levels of discipline, and can't deal with how unpredictable reality is as opposed to a computer game.

Lastly, the general "fuck you, got mine" attitude of this generation means that there isn't much self-sacrifice or heroism to go around.

fag0t

Hellovan Onion
nooooo goyim you need to die for israel its for your own good
1566253186022.jpg

A.Non

Josh Moon is Lucas Werner with a shinier soapbox.
Hellovan Onion
There's literal stories out there of active servicemen and women living in cars, and this isn't even just restrained to the US. You see a lot of this in Canada and other Western countries too. Turns out you can just skip right ahead to the "homeless vet" stage without even seeing even a minute of combat.

Really drives home how those "but muh free college 'n sheeeeit" arguments Gen Z gets thrown their way are total bullshit, doesn't it?

Western militaries are pretty much SOL at this point. All they can do is sit back and watch as decades of "fuck you, I got mine" continue to rear their ugly head.

A.Non

Hellovan Onion
For at least the past 20 years, public schools have been teaching that patriotism is white supremacy and patriarchy. Surprise pikachu face now that the drones they churn out don't want to sign up for a chance to die for a country they don't respect.

It's not even that. It's the fact that homeless veteran is practically a trope nowadays. I've even met people who take it upon themselves to help them out with food and shelter. Civvies doing the government's job for them, and then some.

I mean, you're not wrong, but that's just extra salt in the wound, basically. What did the military in was like @Chrysler Building said about seeing your mom getting handed a flag at Arlington. What did them in was that for all the shills going on about "muh free college n' sheeeeit," there were so many active service members living in cars, complaining about living conditions, worrying over Jodies going after their wives, etc, etc.

The only reason the military went woke is because they pissed away the people they actually want.

A.Non

Hellovan Onion
https://www.reddit.com/r/army/comments/189sxr2
Seventeen years in and he only just felt like he wasn't just a number?

https://www.reddit.com/r/army/comments/189ydar
Because that's a great way to get Gen Z to enlist: tell 'em to expect their spouses will fuck someone behind their backs.

"Happens to most of us at least once. It’s either a deployment, TDY, unaccompanied tour. Jody will get ya."

https://www.reddit.com/r/USMC/comments/189l8pd
Well, shit. No wonder Gen Z ain't enlisting - they see shit like this on the reg.

"I would miss you brother. We’ve lost too many already. Please stay with us. We need you."

Yeesh!

A.Non

Hellovan Onion
It's not just gen z kids, people in general don't want to be loyal to a country who has no loyalty to it's own citizens, simple as.
Yeah, but people in general don't get looked at as "the worst generation, like, ever, bro. Just completely pathetic" one moment and "the existential threat to the West" the next.

The media found out that blaming everything on millennials is passe now. It's Gen Z's turn to have "broken" everything.

Crimson Fucker

Ţepeş
Hellovan Onion
Yeah, but people in general don't get looked at as "the worst generation, like, ever, bro. Just completely pathetic" one moment and "the existential threat to the West" the next.

The media found out that blaming everything on millennials is passe now. It's Gen Z's turn to have "broken" everything.
That's just part of the cycle, every new generation is supposedly the worst and it let's the ones who were the butt of the this generation sucks meme last time get a chance to copy the others before it in the blame game. Gen z will do it to gen i next. Like gen x and boomers did to millennials. It also applies in reverse to the boomers. And will also apply to gen x when most of the boomers die out like the silent generation is currently.

A.Non

Hellovan Onion
That's just part of the cycle, every new generation is supposedly the worst and it let's the ones who were the butt of the this generation sucks meme last time get a chance to copy the others before in in the blame game. Gen z will do it to gen i next. Like gen x and boomers did to millennials. It also applies in reverse to the boomers. And will also apply to gen x when they die out like the silent generation is currently.

Exactly. And it's ironic how so many millennials try to appropriate this to dismiss Gen Z's concerns and worries. I saw it on 8kun's doomer board all the time.

"Wait till you're paying BILLS, bro!"

I saw it enough times on enough sites that it was amazing how some people have such little going on for them that they have to gatekeep mundane adult(ing) activities to feel better.

A.Non

Hellovan Onion
What is sort of funny is that the boomers broke everything worst than millennials and gen z did with how they set up sort term unsustainable systems that are supposed to die with them and leave the future generations high and dry.

Why do you think they're spearheading the whole "climate change" thing? Because they're pulling up the ladder under the guise of fighting it.

ecto_chasm

Baby Onion
are people ACTUALLY wondering why young people don’t want to join the military? I mean it seems quite obvious to me: joining the military sucks and is a bad and dangerous idea.

sorry, this isn’t even a political thing it’s just a logical fact. the military owns you for years and even if you don’t see active combat you can still wind up with PTSD just from the lifestyle and how soldiers (and especially newbs) are treated by those who rank above them.

not to mention all the rape that goes on there effectively unchecked…

Crimson Fucker

Ţepeş
Hellovan Onion
@Crimson Fucker Shut the fuck up and stop posting here.
I'd post nikacado asshole on your profile if you were not a giant pussy who is afraid of profile posts and disabled it.
are people ACTUALLY wondering why young people don’t want to join the military? I mean it seems quite obvious to me: joining the military sucks and is a bad and dangerous idea.

sorry, this isn’t even a political thing it’s just a logical fact. the military owns you for years and even if you don’t see active combat you can still wind up with PTSD just from the lifestyle and how soldiers (and especially newbs) are treated by those who rank above them.

not to mention all the rape that goes on there effectively unchecked…
Yeah. You are literally government property and can actually get in trouble for damaging government property if you get a sunburn bad enough to prevent or hinder active duty and or requires medical treatment.

The Gays From LA

Hellovan Onion
About Aaron Bushnell, the 25 year old Air Force service man who set himself on fire today outside the Israeli embassy in Washington D.C., ...

He should've watched this video before he decided to carry out this pointless painful deed that took his own life:

The Gays From LA

Hellovan Onion
Zeihan has a new video on the US military's recruitment crisis, and says it's no difference from the recruitment crisis elsewhere. He also claims that zoomers "hate humans", that they're "antisocial" and "would rather work in a broom closet":

Here's the thing though: Americans might not wanna get involved in a war abroad, and might not enlist for that reason... but if Tim Pool et al are right and America itself is on the verge of a civil war, something tells me Americans would love to enlist to go to war against one another.