who here remembers Penn & Teller: Bullshit?

nobodyworthwhile

Baby Onion
Penn & Teller: Bullshit was a Showtime series hosted by the eponymous magician duo, in which they discussed.... whatever, but with a focus on saying something or other was a lot of nonsense.

I first discovered this series because decades ago, my mom and my sister were both going through this phase were they obsessed over their weight, thinking they were ungodly fat (they weren't) and so on and so forth.... looking into the topic in order to shut them up led me to the P&T episode about the Obesity Epidemic, and from there I watched more of their stuff.

I haven't always agreed with it though, but it does impress me how ahead of the curb they were on some issues--in particular they were doing what you'd call "anti-woke" videos before "woke" was even really a thing (its amazing to watch the episode on Reparations and remember it came out in the mid-2000s).

One thing about the show's history though that tells you something about the changing times--the only episode that ever got censored was their one on the Vatican, which isn't on any of the DVD sets (though you can find it online easily enough). If this show were made today, I imagine that episode would've gotten through just fine.

And of course, the show has a bit of infamy because of Maddox posting about his experiences.

But what about you? Did you watch this show? Love it? Hate it? Somewhere in between? What episodes do you consider the best... and the worst?

The Gays From LA

The Gays From LA Took My K.Flay Away
Hellovan Onion
I did, I watched the whole series on Youtube, one of the first pirated series I ever binge-watched on YT in full, back in the beginning when people were still able to pirate entire series on the platform, LMAO.