What's The Worst Mainstream Websites And Why?

Neko Rights Activist

OK I'm a pink cat =UwU=
Remarkable Onion
Title, I know you people would likely hate them all but I still want to hear you opinions on the "why" and here's mine:

>reddit
I honestly have a mixed feeling toward reddit, despite all the flaws it has, it's the only mainstream place left that you can find a community of your obscure interests with ability to start an actual discussion without being buried by zoomfag trash. Only barely though as the retarded updoot system is always there.

>Twitter
Not the worst (that title goes to discord IMO), but AFAIK the most autistic website filled with self-importance attention whores who think their opinions do matter. The rests of it are consisting marketing shills and spam bots.

>Youtube
An empty husk of it's former self, now it's impossible to find new interest stuff there, as all the algorithm does is trying to push me the same pool of popular and currently things, even the search function is trying to do that now.

>Discord
The worst place ever for me, imagine reddit but complete devoid of the remaining redeeming positives. Your typical discord user seems to be the combination of worst internet stereotypes, I got banned on all English speaking taiko no tatsujin servers just for not liking the clique of autists and posted the wrong meme and I still live in there mind rent free which is so pathetic that it's start became funny, not even redditors are this bad.

I don't care about the rest tbh, facebook, ig and snapchat are way too normie for me, like twitter but without all the unwarranted self importance autism. Tiktok is sorely zoomer garbage and if zoomfags want to waste their time consooming shit it isn't my concern.

AnusSquirt69

Remarkable Onion
Reddit is okay if its a small sub. Though, it is a haven for mushbrain essayposters that turn every topic into some political talking point word vomit that has high chance of containing the word "chud".
Twitter is mental illness incarnate.
Youtube can't figure out which political side it wants me radicalize to.
Discord looks like ass so I don't use it.

Slidey Boi

Modguin
Local Moderator
Reddit: The mod nazis really ruin this place for me. Most of the active subreddits will delete your posts for the slightest, or most subjective reasons. But on the right subreddits it can be a good time. I don't mind the up/down vote system. Its intended purpose was to replace moderation with democracy, which would be great. I find this site very addictive though. Leaving Reddit was a great win for me, roughly a year ago.

Boomerbook: Good for certain things, like marketplace and finding your second cousin. But most of the time its nonstop politicsbook, and over moderated with left-wing fact checking bullshit. Also its so damn creepy how things you say show up in your ads. Leaving Facebook was a great decision I made 2.5 years ago.

Youtube: I view it as a video repository more than a social media. Adblock is mandatory to not make it hell. Typical left-wing biased moderation and creepy personalized ads aside, it's not too bad.

Twitter: Never used. Seems like mostly attention whoring and virtue signaling. I'm glad Elon is making some changes.

Discord: All depends on which server you use. Could be good or shit. But I'm not using it anymore because its owned by Tencent and fuck China. They steal personal info to use against America.

Tiktok: The worst. Fucking ruining our attention spans and dumbing down the world. China's greatest victory over the West. I'll never use this thing.

Never used Snapchat and Instagram, barely know anything about them, except that Instagram is owned by Meta. Fuck Zuckerberg, I'm not using any of his platforms.

MylarBalloon123

Baby Onion
I don't like Reddit, if people don't agree with you they down vote you for no reason and when you get downvoted you can't join anything.
Facebook is fine I use it to connect with friends and marketplace is a good place to find old stuff, the only thing I hate is censorship and how I was put in facebook jail for speaking my mind on vaccines.
I barely ever use Twitter, I find Twitter boring.
I don't care for Tiktok I have never used it and I have no plan on using it. its for Gen Z Zoomer kids.
Youtube was better back in 2006-2008 than now but its still a good place to find music etc but I don't like how theres censorship nowadays and youtube deletes comments for no reason.
Instagram is ok to follow others to see pictures and stuff but the website is kinda boring I don't use it so much.
Snapchat I don't care for I have never used it.
Discord depends on what server your in theres many servers full of Zoomer Gen Z kids that want to start drama and stuff but theres also some decent servers.

fag0t

Hellovan Onion
Reddit is okay if its a small sub. Though, it is a haven for mushbrain essayposters that turn every topic into some political talking point word vomit that has high chance of containing the word "chud".
Twitter is mental illness incarnate.
Youtube can't figure out which political side it wants me radicalize to.
Discord looks like ass so I don't use it.
chud get btfo by redditchads

Pepper n Salt

You smell
Registered
Tiktok: most of it is fucking cancerous. They have retards who'll follow a stupid trend and ethier get injured or die from it. I have no fucking idea why people are doing this nor Tiktok getting in legal trouble.

Fedbuster

You are all pointless internet noise
Remarkable Onion
I would definitely say discord is the worst for much of the same reasons in the OP as I had a similar experience with the autists in the 07th expansion fandom. Never did get to have any actual discussion about the visual novels and it was nothing but psuedo intellectual autism when they weren’t quick to give a random permaban to anyone who wasn’t already in their stupid little cliques that talk about anything other than the server topic all day.

Discordfags also love to infiltrate moderation and co-opt imageboards and small forums from behind the scenes while LARPing about how “all is lost” when they purposely let the boards or forum get destroyed and only come out of hibernation to get rid of anyone doing anything to stop it. This corner of the internet already documents that evil shit well enough.

However I am going to say kiwifarms since its just an edgy version of reddit now lol.

Slidey Boi

Modguin
Local Moderator
I would definitely say discord is the worst for much of the same reasons in the OP as I had a similar experience with the autists in the 07th expansion fandom. Never did get to have any actual discussion about the visual novels and it was nothing but psuedo intellectual autism when they weren’t quick to give a random permaban to anyone who wasn’t already in their stupid little cliques that talk about anything other than the server topic all day.

Discordfags also love to infiltrate moderation and co-opt imageboards and small forums from behind the scenes while LARPing about how “all is lost” when they purposely let the boards or forum get destroyed and only come out of hibernation to get rid of anyone doing anything to stop it. This corner of the internet already documents that evil shit well enough.

However I am going to say kiwifarms since its just an edgy version of reddit now lol.
Over-zealous Discord mods are indeed annoying. I've seen them jump down people's throats for similar reasons. Oh God, a conversation veered off the main title topic and they didn't immediately move to another server to continue the conversation! Or, oh no people are having a disagreement! Time to tell people to stop and threaten mod action, even if no listed rules were broken.

However, I think Reddit mods are even worse. New posts can get unlisted within seconds, and you aren't even notified. You might be wondering why nobody is responding to your post, receiving no feedback as to what rule you broke. Discord mods have given me a boiling rage like little else on the internet. Its just a particular kind of dismissal that doesn't even acknowledge you as a human being, no justification given or care to how you feel. You just get eliminated.

I disagree with you about kiwifarms. I wouldn't call it a mainstream site for one. But for two, even with all of its problems, I'd rather deal with those assholes than Reddit or Discord mods any day. The couple of times over the 8 years I've been on KF that I've gotten in trouble, they've had no problem explaining it to me or hearing my side of things. And I've never been threatened with permaban.

All that being said, Tiktok is still the dark empire of evil as far as I'm concerned. Funneling money and personal info into China, and causing attention spans to plummet wordwide.

Fedbuster

Remarkable Onion
Over-zealous Discord mods are indeed annoying. I've seen them jump down people's throats for similar reasons. Oh God, a conversation veered off the main title topic and they didn't immediately move to another server to continue the conversation! Or, oh no people are having a disagreement! Time to tell people to stop and threaten mod action, even if no listed rules were broken.

However, I think Reddit mods are even worse. New posts can get unlisted within seconds, and you aren't even notified. You might be wondering why nobody is responding to your post, receiving no feedback as to what rule you broke. Discord mods have given me a boiling rage like little else on the internet. Its just a particular kind of dismissal that doesn't even acknowledge you as a human being, no justification given or care to how you feel. You just get eliminated.

I disagree with you about kiwifarms. I wouldn't call it a mainstream site for one. But for two, even with all of its problems, I'd rather deal with those assholes than Reddit or Discord mods any day. The couple of times over the 8 years I've been on KF that I've gotten in trouble, they've had no problem explaining it to me or hearing my side of things. And I've never been threatened with permaban.

All that being said, Tiktok is still the dark empire of evil as far as I'm concerned. Funneling money and personal info into China, and causing attention spans to plummet wordwide.

There's a lot of overlap with redditors and discordfags. Even moreso when it comes to moderation. Almost every subreddit has a discord of some kind where the staff there is mostly staff on the discord server as well.

That's a first. My experience with the kiwifarms mods was the complete opposite and it doesnt surprise me that they are all discordfags either. 5tenographer's autistic meltdown telling me to fuck off in a DM over something as benign as mean sticker reactions in the vtuber thread and the ensuing permaban despite stopping will never not be funny. Every other time after that was just a random permaban months later for "socking" despite not breaking any rules and staying away from that part of the site.

Was just making a joke about the sentiment onionfarms has toward kiwifarms.

I don't know about tik tok and I dont care. ADHD, Autism, and hypocrisy seem to be co-morbid traits. At least this corner of the internet documents and laughs at them.

Fedbuster

Remarkable Onion
I also hate how reddit's user experience has seemingly dripped into most modern forums with an arbitrary "max posts per day"/ "you're doing that too much" when you've literally made your first post. Most smaller game forums seem to be carbon copies of subreddits and often have a big red flag of a discord server status plugin taking up half the fucking page.

Most of the time those servers are filled with exclusively bots and sock accounts to inflate numbers with the bog standard ban happy assholes and cliques being the real reason why most forums are dead in the first place. Its not just lack of interest as sooo many of these fatalistic tards will claim.

Say My Name

Registered
Twitter and YouTube suck because they ban you suddenly and permanently and sometimes you don't even know why. Reddit sucks because of censorship up the ass and the karma system discouraging dissent from active users. Instagram is not as bad with bans but they are still censorship heavy and their site and app is buggy as hell. TikTok is a place where you can find based content, but it will never thrive there. Discord's whole way of presenting itself is corny as fuck but ultimately your experience will depend on what servers you're a part of. Overall, every single one of these sites are gay and I hate that you need an account to use most of them on mobile but Reddit's gotta be the worst, Discord the least worst.