Onionfarms Movie Night

In the process of being set up.

What constitutes a “highlighted” post on KF?

Subtitle
Just curious

ecto_chasm

Remarkable Onion
I went through a bunch trying to figure out a pattern as to why certain posts/comments/replies there have the highlighted tab on them but all I could find in common was they all seem to have at least 25 likes or other reactions. Is it just popular posts?

BTW I know I should probably post this in Kiwi Farms General but I don’t wanna derail the thread with a non-important question.

polonium

You scream and everybody comes a-running
Hellovan Onion
It's to do with how many stickers the post has. There's a minimum threshold I think, plus it's in relation to other posts on the page. The idea is to let people skim through to the posts most people engaged with, but it just encourages more sticker farming.

Reactions are the worst metric for how engaging a post with. People quoting and taking the time to think of a response would be much better but redditors gonna reddit.

Freedom

Registered
I don't have evidence, but I've seen highlighted posts with very few reactions on them (for a short period of time). It most likely has to do with what they've already told you: the number of reactions, the ratio of them in comparison with other posts, but also the time/how fast they receive them might be another factor.

It sometimes works against its own purpose, since you may have a good, well written & informative post, but then "outranked" in reactions by another one that just states a slur, or how fat someone is (and how they would not have sex with it).