Technology WARNING: Archive.is and Archive.org are currently being censored IRT!

Technical Related Threads

The Gays From LA

The Gays From LA Took My K.Flay Away
Hellovan Onion
I tried to archive the Youtube page of an Al Jazeera video but I got this:

Then I tried to archive this video which again was a Youtube page for a video. Archive.is kept going into an endless loop until it failed to archive:

So I tried to archive via the Wayback Machine Archive.org

Archive.org accepted the link and began to archive it... only to reject it moments later.

We already knew that Archive.org was completely compromised and useless for archiving... but now Archive.is is compromised too.

I don't know how this is done but someone is censoring the Archival websites IRT. I know this is happening IRT because the first Youtube page of a video I managed to archive did get through. It was all the subsequent ones that went into a loop and failed to yield an archive.

If you're archiving right now, make sure to make local mirros! Do not rely on archival websites!

ecto_chasm

Baby Onion
9BA03A61-7F90-425D-9044-9BB4FA636BA6.jpeg

The Gays From LA

Hellovan Onion
I can still access archive.org just fine.
My problem is not accessing the site, my problem is archiving webpages using the Wayback Machine.

Same with archive.is
I can access archives of pages, I can't archive certain pages.

Archive.is will allow me to archive the channel page for AlJazeera Arabic, just not the individual videos:

This to me suggests that this is not the result of a DDoS attack but of IRT censorship. Someone is blocking archive.is from making the mirrors I want it to make.

Archive.is will only let me archive the AlJazeera Arabic channel itself, but not the individual page of the video where the Al-Qassam spokes person threatens to start Livestreaming the killing of captive hostages if Israel doesn't stop bombing Ghaza:

This is the video in question in the video panel on the channel. The title translates into "An audio recording of a speech by Abu Ubaida, spokesman for the Al-Qassam Brigades". As of this post, this video is still up on Youtube.

A Youtube video with an English translation of this statement was posted to the English AlJazeera Channel only to be privated shortly thereafter... which is strange because this statement has already been rebroadcast by other media, including SkyNews in the UK and TVFrance. Given this wide rebroadcasting of this video, I don't understand why Archive.is or Archive.org won't let me archive it... unless someone is blocking these mirrors from being created IRT.

The Gays From LA

Hellovan Onion
Update: Archive.is is still being censored. Now, it won't even let you make a mirror of Al Jazeera Arabic's video feed.

AlJazeeraViolatedYoutubeToSAgain.jpg

The last mirror on Archive.is of their video feed was from the 9th of October 2023.

When a page is already mirrored in the Archive.is database, you get a pop-up asking you if you want to make a more recent mirror: "This page was last archived 7 months ago. If this snapshot looks obsolete you can [save] again"

MakingARecentMIrrorOnArchiveIS.jpg

I do not get this pop-up if I try to archive this page with the video feed. I swear, try it for yourselves, it will no longer give you the pop-up wit the [save] option. I personally have never encountered this on Archive.is before, literally in all the years I have been using this website to make or look up mirrors. This AFAIK is unprecedented (please let me know if you're aware of this having happened ever before).

So why is Archive.is so terrified of hosting a static mirror of something that Youtube itself has no problem hosting in full? Because "rules for thee but not for me.". Youtube knows their ToS is being violated but they are letting it happen, while preventing the general public from documenting this seemingly conscious violation on their part. Why? We can only guess why (yes, I do seriously suspect they asked Youtube to deliberately keep these videos up so they can perform relational analytics on anyone viewing such videos).

Just remember, Russia Today and many many other Youtube channels were censored and outright banned by Youtube, often for merely rebroadcasting actual government content. Think of all the channels that were shut down during lockdowns for merely rebroadcasting Livestreams with medical experts who had a different reading of the pandemic.

My above request stands: do not longer trust archival sites to remain neutral or reliable in the making of mirrors. Start making & keeping local off-line mirrors of everything you want to preserve for record-keeping. Buy a cheap external hard drive to store everything if you have to. Fuck Youtube and Fuck Google.

Crimson Fucker

Ţepeş
Hellovan Onion
Now that it's getting close to ww3 they want to censor the internet more to better cover up war crimes of their preferred side. I wonder which hotpoint or event will be the catalyst to cause everyone to jump in. Ukraine wasn't quite it, they got us teetering to the edge rrady for the fall though.:trollface:

Boobie Bomb

Hellovan Onion
Now that it's getting close to ww3 they want to censor the internet more to better cover up war crimes of their preferred side. I wonder which hotpoint or event will be the catalyst to cause everyone to jump in. Ukraine wasn't quite it, they got us teetering to the edge rrady for the fall though.:trollface:
Bonus points if a nuke happens in Califonia, it might be hard to censor if your internet social media sites are gone. lol

FatFuck

Remarkable Onion
I tried to archive the Youtube page of an Al Jazeera video but I got this:

Then I tried to archive this video which again was a Youtube page for a video. Archive.is kept going into an endless loop until it failed to archive:

So I tried to archive via the Wayback Machine Archive.org

Archive.org accepted the link and began to archive it... only to reject it moments later.

We already knew that Archive.org was completely compromised and useless for archiving... but now Archive.is is compromised too.

I don't know how this is done but someone is censoring the Archival websites IRT. I know this is happening IRT because the first Youtube page of a video I managed to archive did get through. It was all the subsequent ones that went into a loop and failed to yield an archive.

If you're archiving right now, make sure to make local mirros! Do not rely on archival websites!
Yeah, its compromissed. I tried to archived the same Video and give me a "not found"

Meawhile, I tried to archive a random video and it archived just fine

Also, ghostarchive.org is also compromissed

Crimson Fucker

Ţepeş
Hellovan Onion
We gotta save history we gotta make our own site to archive things ourselves
They would try and take it down anyway, pretty sure the only way is to physically store it on something without internet connection because they can access your files without permission these days too. Like software updates installing tik tok on your phone or isps and companies that made the device deleting files on your phone or pc without you realizing they are gone until you search for the file and can even block messages from phones and emails from computers. They openly admit to all of this in the tos which they constantly update after you already agreed to it s that you retroactively agree to any changes because that was also part of the deal. They want you to not even own your own devices you bought.

Boobie Bomb

Hellovan Onion
They would try and take it down anyway, pretty sure the only way is to physically store it on something without internet connection because they can access your files without permission these days too. Like software updates installing tik tok on your phone or isps and companies that made the device deleting files on your phone or pc without you realizing they are gone until you search for the file and can even block messages from phones and emails from computers. They openly admit to all of this in the tos which they constantly update after you already agreed to it s that you retroactively agree to any changes because that was also part of the deal. They want you to not even own your own devices you bought.
Thank god I don't have TikTok

The Gays From LA

Hellovan Onion
Update on Archive.is: they are still refusing to archive certain sites and pages related to the war in Israel.

Youtube has blacklisted/shadowbanned this channel by a Palestinian influencer who uses the alias "Wizard Bisan" on social media and now works as a reporter for Al Jazeera+:

Look for example at this video:

When I search for this video using the literal title, it doesn't show up at all:

YoutubeBlacklistedBisan.jpg

Which means, Youtube has shadowbanned this channel. Youtube will not hold Al Jazeera accountable for reposting Hamas communiques on their Arabic channel, but a Palestinian girl is not allowed to share her personal takes on Youtube.

Fuck Youtube, Google and Alpha so much. They don't want you to see this:

On top of his, Bisan's Instagram account @wizard_bisan1 - from which the above videos were taken and mirrored on Youtube - also appears to be blacklisted by Archive.is, which will not allow me to make a mirror of her Instagram channel.

NOT archived: https://archive.is/zEEj6
List of previous failed archives: https://archive.is/https://www.instagram.com/wizard_bisan1/

If I try to look for previous mirrors of her Instagram channel, Archive.is will not show them:

ArchiveISRefusingToMirrorWizardBisanInstagram.jpg

I can only mirror the pages of individual videos on her Instagram:

WizardBisanNoArchive.jpg

So there you go, those of you who thought that Archive.is was the one archive on the internet that was still uncensored: RIP Archive.is

Boobie Bomb

Hellovan Onion
Update on Archive.is: they are still refusing to archive certain sites and pages related to the war in Israel.

Youtube has blacklisted/shadowbanned this channel by a Palestinian influencer who uses the alias "Wizard Bisan" on social media and now works as a reporter for Al Jazeera+:

Look for example at this video:

When I search for this video using the literal title, it doesn't show up at all:

View attachment 41841

Which means, Youtube has shadowbanned this channel. Youtube will not hold Al Jazeera accountable for reposting Hamas communiques on their Arabic channel, but a Palestinian girl is not allowed to share her personal takes on Youtube.

Fuck Youtube, Google and Alpha so much. They don't want you to see this:

On top of his, Bisan's Instagram account @wizard_bisan1 - from which the above videos were taken and mirrored on Youtube - also appears to be blacklisted by Archive.is, which will not allow me to make a mirror of her Instagram channel.

NOT archived: https://archive.is/zEEj6
List of previous failed archives: https://archive.is/https://www.instagram.com/wizard_bisan1/

If I try to look for previous mirrors of her Instagram channel, Archive.is will not show them:

View attachment 41843

I can only mirror the pages of individual videos on her Instagram:

View attachment 41842

So there you go, those of you who thought that Archive.is was the one archive on the internet that was still uncensored: RIP Archive.is
So fucked up. Everyone wants to clap cheeks on the Palestinians off the map.