Americas They will come for you: The Field Negro blog censored by Google over n-word

Americas

The Gays From LA

The Gays From LA Took My K.Flay Away
Hellovan Onion
I discovered the The Field Negro blog (by a black man who works "as a criminal lawyer in Philadelphia over the past twenty years") back in my mid twenties due to his hilarious and timely 2008 article "Searching for a black friend in the age of Obama":

And please forget this insane pursuit to find a black friend. Just relax, be yourself, and eventually some black person might just find you and like you for who you are. If not, it's not a big deal. Trust me. There are plenty black folks without white friends. It's not the end of the world. We can all live in this amicable state of self segregation, as long as we show mutual respect for each other and afford each other the dignity that we each deserve as human beings.

- The Field Negro on Devin Friedman's "Operation Black Friend"
http://field-negro.blogspot.com/2008/10/searching-for-black-friend-in-age-of.html

That was in 2008. Today I revisited his blog to see if he had gone full #BLM and woke in the meantime. To my surprise, I read this:

Just a note to you field hands. I tried posting an article a few days ago and it was shot down by the gatekeepers at Google. Why? Because they thought that it was offensive. (I can assure you it was not.)
Those of you who know me know that I do not post offensive content. (At least not anymore.) I allow offensive comments, because I believe in free speech, but my posts are never offensive.

The problem is that there are not a lot of folks at Google who look like I do, and they do not understand that that when I write the word ***** it is not meant to be offensive. The fact is, most of the people who look (and think) like I do consider the phrase field ***** a term of endearment. They are not offended by it, and neither should anyone else. As for the phrase house *****, it should be no more offensive than the words snob, or clueless. If I had written an article about snobbish or clueless people, I am sure that it would have been allowed. But such is life with the new gatekeepers. They decide what is offensive and what is not.

Maybe at some point I will be allowed to repost the article, but for now, I am reconsidering my relationship with Google.

Sadly, after over fifteen years and millions of page views, it might be time for a change.

https://field-negro.blogspot.com/2023/05/google-has-problem.html

There you have it: The Field Negro was censored by Google for saying "nigger".

They will come for you eventually.

onionfarts

Baby Onion
Drop Gmail for Protonmail. Block Google ads. Switch to Duckduckgo or Brave search. Replace ReCaptcha with a different captcha system for your website. Upload videos on Bitchute instead of YouTube. Use local media for storage instead of Google Drive. Ditch Chrome for Tor Browser or Brave. Smash your Chromebook with a hammer. Roll over your Android phone with a steamroller. Do not buy any Google services. Sell Google stock. Ban Google spidercrawler bots from indexing your website. Hop off Blogspot and use Wordpress for your own blog site.

delphi

refugee
Hellovan Onion
Drop Gmail for Protonmail. Block Google ads. Switch to Duckduckgo or Brave search. Replace ReCaptcha with a different captcha system for your website. Upload videos on Bitchute instead of YouTube. Use local media for storage instead of Google Drive. Ditch Chrome for Tor Browser or Brave. Smash your Chromebook with a hammer. Roll over your Android phone with a steamroller. Do not buy any Google services. Sell Google stock. Ban Google spidercrawler bots from indexing your website. Hop off Blogspot and use Wordpress for your own blog site.
Use Startpage as your default search engine.

onionfarts

Baby Onion

notgivingmynametoamachine

Gamma Ray Powered
Baby Onion
Oof at the comments over there.. Don't know what kind of opinions he has but his commenters sure fit a specific typing.

Also.. what am I supposed to be surprised? This future has been pretty clear for a while now. Nobody seems to care, even the people on the short end of it 90% of the time.

Last edited: