The Simpsons, Futurama and that other thing

Should The Simpsons and Futurama should be shot Old Yeller style?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just The Simpsons

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Just Futurama

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What is that other show?

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

【VOID】

Retired Staff
Matt Groening isn't funny anymore. Why do people still watch this crap?
The Simpsons should have been shot dead about 15-20 years ago.
Season 1 is a wash because the show was still finding it's feet, and Bart was still supposed to be the "main character"
Season 2-6 are pure gold
Season 6-10 are solid for the most part, there aren't very many "bad" episodes
Season 11-14 is where the decline really started
Season 15-19 should have been the "wind down" period of the show with the Simpsons Movie being the swan song and the end of the series.

I don't think anyone can disagree with this.

Futurama has been dead for 10 years but unfortunately the jews at Hulu (I think) are revitalizing the series with 20 new episodes that are probably going to suck utter shit; the stand alone movies should have been the end point of the series and the 7th season should have never happened.

South Park should have ended in Season 11 or 12

Family Guy should have ended after Season 2 lol

American Dad, The Cleveland Show, etc should have never happened.

I can go on.

Yeah it's all shit, it's been shit for years now.

Empresa

Ladmin
but I keep watching for stupid shit like the upcoming Death Note collab
1666797048051.png

clip preview from the next treehouse of horror

Slidey Boi

Modguin
Local Moderator
No show can have enough good ideas to keep persisting for 20+ years. Simpsons has been dead to me for a long time.

The Simpsons should have been shot dead about 15-20 years ago.
Season 1 is a wash because the show was still finding it's feet, and Bart was still supposed to be the "main character"
Season 2-6 are pure gold
Season 6-10 are solid for the most part, there aren't very many "bad" episodes
Season 11-14 is where the decline really started
Season 15-19 should have been the "wind down" period of the show with the Simpsons Movie being the swan song and the end of the series.

I don't think anyone can disagree with this.

Futurama has been dead for 10 years but unfortunately the jews at Hulu (I think) are revitalizing the series with 20 new episodes that are probably going to suck utter shit; the stand alone movies should have been the end point of the series and the 7th season should have never happened.

South Park should have ended in Season 11 or 12

Family Guy should have ended after Season 2 lol

American Dad, The Cleveland Show, etc should have never happened.

I can go on.

Yeah it's all shit, it's been shit for years now.
This is pretty accurate.

American Dad seemed tired and overdone before it even started. How many parodies of the American conservative do we need in animation?

South Park makes me sad. I miss the old, irreverent South Park that wasn't trying to be smart about current events. I feel like Trey and Matt should have just made another show or done something else rather than changing its format entirely and still calling it the same show.

but I keep watching for stupid shit like the upcoming Death Note collab
View attachment 23262
clip preview from the next treehouse of horror
View attachment 23261

I'm so damn jaded I don't have any confidence that any new anime will be good, they just try so hard to keep everything mainstream and formulaic. Rehashing the same few ideas over and over... endlessly pandering to the angsty teen demographic.

The original Death Note is a real tragedy. First 1/3 of the series (Up to Light's memory gambit) is fucking brilliant. No exaggeration, possibly my most favorite anime of all time. The episode with Light and the FBI agent's wife is absolutely stunning. Then from the 1/3 to the 2/3 mark, the show decided to be a Ho Yay slice of life with gay sexual tension between L and Light, with Misha transforming from a dangerous wildcard into the most obnoxious Genki girl archetype that ever existed... Then she show jumps the shark again when L dies, and the last 1/3 of she show is basically unwatchable. Who the fuck is Near? L's protege who was so close to him, but literally never appears or was mentioned, and we follow L's day to day activities for over a year. Also he's like 5 years old... I had a hard enough time believing super geniuses of L and Light's age, but this is ridiculous.

Yeah I'm never watching anything else Death Note related after that.

Speaking of anime, I think One Piece is almost as bad as the Simpsons at this point. When can that fucking show just die already? 500,000 episodes later they are no closer to finding, nor even figuring out what the titular 'One Piece' is. Its not funny, cute, or interesting anymore to me. I'll admit the show has its moments, its not an idea doomed from the start... its just gone on too long rehashing the same ideas endlessly ad nauseum.