• Welcome, Notices, Content in the Spotlight

The best Kiwifarms splinter site on the internet. All Walks of life, regardless of race, religion, political orientation, sexual orientation, gender identity. if you rock with the Onions, you are one of us.

Our Onionfarms merchandise store is now open. Both Kiwis and Onions are welcome. https://onionmart.printify.me

🔎Under the Magnifying Glass - KennethErwinEngelhardt.net

Biafra: Lolcows, Terrorists, Israel, and Phone Cases on Shopify: The rabbit hole that Nigeria would rather forget.

There are some things that have long needed our attention. The video at the bottom stickes out to the right and throws it off-center. Also, there are issues with our logo being two small when accessing the forum on your mobile device.

Should we teach newbies/normies how to use Tor/VPNs to access the forum?

Subtitle
How to make it easier for newbies/normies to access OF

The Gays From LA

The Gays From LA Took My K.Flay Away
Hellovan Onion
@Sailfish I have a very specific request or suggestion I wanted you to please consider:

One of the requirements on OF that I think is holding people back from participating or signing up is the Protonmail requirement. The other one is the Tor/VPN requirement. A lot of newbies (young people) and normies don't know how to use Tor or a VPN or don't trust them.

Perhaps if you know any Content Creators who are nerds/techies and don't mind being associated with OF, can you ask someone to please make a "How to get on OnionFarms with Tor" video tutorial?

Something like this:

If they don't want to upload the tutorial to Youtube tell them to post it on any other platform, Bitchute, Odysee, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, whatever you prefer. It can even be an unlisted video, as long as we have the link and it remains up.

Null was once asked to make a video explaining what the Fediverse is and how to get on there, but his video was just a general introduction to the Fediverse and the idea of decentralized social media, not an actual tutorial for setting up an account or to actually browse information on decentralized but federated nodes.

I went looking for video tutorials I could send to people wanting to get on the forum but I thought it would be better to have a video tutorial specific to OF. I don't want this to be an issue for people who want to join the forum but can't figure out proxies. We should be able to get people to join OF faster and more easily.

Another idea I had was a video introducing people to the Brave browser and teaching them how to open a Tor window with Alt+Shift+N to connect to the Tor network.

During #DropKiwiFarms, the TRAs were trying to scare people away from using proxies to access KF, saying shit like "Tor is a FED Honey Pot, it will get you on an NSA watchlist". The TRAs were telling people this crap disuade them from using Tor. Instead, they need to hear that using a proxy "it's as easy as installing an new app on your phone". People who don't use or don't trust proxies need to be shown that it's literally as easy as installing a browser and pressing Alt+Shift+N.

One thing I discovered during #DropKiwiFarms is that there are a lot of nerds on this KF that wanted to turn KF into /r/nerdjerkcircle. I vehemently disagreed. Now that I am on OnionFarms, I still think we need to get the zoomers in here, get all the girls & fagz who were posting about make-up guru drama in here.

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
I'm your friendly neighborhood skinwalker
@Sailfish I have a very specific request or suggestion I wanted you to please consider:

One of the requirements on OF that I think is holding people back from participating or signing up is the Protonmail requirement. The other one is the Tor/VPN requirement. A lot of newbies (young people) and normies don't know how to use Tor or a VPN or don't trust them.

Perhaps if you know any Content Creators who are nerds/techies and don't mind being associated with OF, can you ask someone to please make a "How to get on OnionFarms with Tor" video tutorial?

Something like this:

If they don't want to upload the tutorial to Youtube tell them to post it on any other platform, Bitchute, Odysee, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, whatever you prefer. It can even be an unlisted video, as long as we have the link and it remains up.

Null was once asked to make a video explaining what the Fediverse is and how to get on there, but his video was just a general introduction to the Fediverse and the idea of decentralized social media, not an actual tutorial for setting up an account or to actually browse information on decentralized but federated nodes.

I went looking for video tutorials I could send to people wanting to get on the forum but I thought it would be better to have a video tutorial specific to OF. I don't want this to be an issue for people who want to join the forum but can't figure out proxies. We should be able to get people to join OF faster and more easily.

Another idea I had was a video introducing people to the Brave browser and teaching them how to open a Tor window with Alt+Shift+N to connect to the Tor network.

During #DropKiwiFarms, the TRAs were trying to scare people away from using proxies to access KF, saying shit like "Tor is a FED Honey Pot, it will get you on an NSA watchlist". The TRAs were telling people this crap disuade them from using Tor. Instead, they need to hear that using a proxy "it's as easy as installing an new app on your phone". People who don't use or don't trust proxies need to be shown that it's literally as easy as installing a browser and pressing Alt+Shift+N.

One thing I discovered during #DropKiwiFarms is that there are a lot of nerds on this KF that wanted to turn KF into /r/nerdjerkcircle. I vehemently disagreed. Now that I am on OnionFarms, I still think we need to get the zoomers in here, get all the girls & fagz who were posting about make-up guru drama in here.
I think that was made when Naught or VOID were staff. I don't see any compelling reason to have this as a requirement.

Sword Of The Imperium

Thottery is Heresy
Baby Onion
I think that was made when Naught or VOID were staff. I don't see any compelling reason to have this as a requirement.
Except the entire EU has laws against free speech on the internet and people should be responsible for their anonymity and security on the internet.
It just takes one legal inquest to compromise the people's identities on these sorts of sites, or one hack, or one leak, or anything like that
You're so beyond out of touch with reality.

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner

Something like this:

@The Gays From LA : I just registered a sample account on Onionfarms then deleted it. There are no references requiring Proton Mail or using a VPN to register. Yes I remember that but that must have been deleted.

Last edited:

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
Except the entire EU has laws against free speech on the internet and people should be responsible for their anonymity and security on the internet.
It just takes one legal inquest to compromise the people's identities on these sorts of sites, or one hack, or one leak, or anything like that
You're so beyond out of touch with reality.
What legal request? We are only obligated to comply with United States law and valid US Court Orders.

Sword Of The Imperium

Thottery is Heresy
Baby Onion
Ok. I just registered a sample account on Onionfarms then deleted it. There are no references requiring Proton Mail or using a VPN to register. Yes I remember that but that must have been deleted.
I don't believe the old registration message said anything about requiring either, I remember it suggesting protonmail because all of the temporary email services people were using were getting caught by the spam filter, and I recall the message reading something along the lines of suggesting TOR or a VPN if people lived in free-speech hostile nations.
But what do I know.

Sword Of The Imperium

Thottery is Heresy
Baby Onion
What legal request? We are only obligated to comply with United States law and valid US Court Orders.
It just takes one change in the law, or one idiot to make a fedpost and then potentially every user on the site could be compromised. For the record, this is why you're retarded, these things don't even enter your mind as possibilities, despite what happened to lolcow.org just last year.

delphi

refugee
Hellovan Onion
It just takes one change in the law, or one idiot to make a fedpost and then potentially every user on the site could be compromised. For the record, this is why you're retarded, these things don't even enter your mind as possibilities, despite what happened to lolcow.org just last year.
People are stupid. Even though there've been at least 3 KF intrusions that I recall, people still don't follow basic opsec. If you're going to post on a site which has KF-like content, as OF does, you need to assume people are going to try to obtain your user data and make that data useless.

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
SigsegV in a moment of being an absolute total retard embedded a fedpost (about doing a hit-job on President Biden) on the frontpage of lolcow.org: This is why the website was taken down. It's been on the books as a federal offense since 1917.

The Gays From LA

The Gays From LA Took My K.Flay Away
Hellovan Onion
People are stupid. Even though there've been at least 3 KF intrusions that I recall, people still don't follow basic opsec. If you're going to post on a site which has KF-like content, as OF does, you need to assume people are going to try to obtain your user data and make that data useless.
I don't think it's stupidity necessarily. A lot of people - especially the youth who grew up with the internet on their smartphones, so to them the internet is kinda like oxygen, it's just always there - they simply don't understand how the internet works, how websites work, and thus don't see the point of burner accounts, proxies, etc. They just want to shitpost on a forum, and since they're used to almost instantaneous access to other websites they use (because they can access them all using one single account), they expect the same convenience and immediacy on a web forum. When you put up barriers, that puts them off. So does calling them stupid for not understanding this stuff.

Like, who explained the internet to you personally? Not just in a superficial "it's computers talking to each other" kind of way, but really showing you how it works? I didn't get to see that until I was an adolescent, and I was mostly figuring it out on my own with tutorials I had downloaded off of websites. I did eventually get to meet nerds (computer science students), but they had very specialized interests centered on specific mathematical/algorithmic problems, and no one seemed interested in networking per se.

Sword Of The Imperium

Thottery is Heresy
Baby Onion
@Sailfish
1682384410265.png

Just update the core files with the latest nulled release. I don't understand why you don't understand this.