Onionfarms and reaction stickers

Need For Sneed

I feel the need
Hellovan Onion
Personally, I understand both sides of the sticker issue.

On the one hand, you have those who give out neg-rates, and then they don't contribute in any real discussion. They believe as if the sticker should be the signifier of their opinions and viewpoints and nothing more. They don't feel the need to add to the discussion to make it more autistic or to get validation for their opinion. Their sticker speaks for itself and they move on with their day. Or sometimes, they add the sticker because "lol ur (this sticker)". After all, that's what they're there for. That's their purpose. To be a representation of your approval or disapproval or just your reaction.

But then you have those who get those negrates and are desperate in wanting someone to come at them with a rebuttal to their viewpoints or whatnot. But they grow increasingly dissatisfied with the idea that LOL IT'S JUST STICKERS. Well obviously, the person using those ratings rated the person's response with the sticker, the sticker being the thing that represents their beliefs on a situation. The person rated with that sticker wants to hear more from that person beyond the sticker shitposting to see if their arguments have weight. So if you don't give any sort of rebuttal and just leave it at a sticker, the person becomes increasingly angry at you or whatnot, irrationally.

There's an interesting grasp of psychology to it all. To the way we use the internet, the way we communicate, interactions, and whatnot. How the stickers are so specific in their purpose in response to other people's posts. How one can become obsessed with people's opinions and perspectives and what they meant by just one sticker. They are quite an interesting weapon.

snailslime

lolcow.org is dead
Remarkable Onion
20200728_201806.png

Last edited:

Azusa

Remarkable Onion
On the one hand, you have those who give out neg-rates, and then they don't contribute in any real discussion. They believe as if the sticker should be the signifier of their opinions and viewpoints and nothing more. They don't feel the need to add to the discussion to make it more autistic or to get validation for their opinion. Their sticker speaks for itself and they move on with their day. Or sometimes, they add the sticker because "lol ur (this sticker)". After all, that's what they're there for. That's their purpose. To be a representation of your approval or disapproval or just your reaction.
But I do that with poz-rates. I've literally never given a single negative rate on KF, and often I'll just rate rather than post just to say "Yeah what @soandso said, I agree with that, couldn't have said it better myself".

Need For Sneed

I feel the need
Hellovan Onion
But I do that with poz-rates. I've literally never given a single negative rate on KF, and often I'll just rate rather than post just to say "Yeah what @soandso said, I agree with that, couldn't have said it better myself".
idk how (if) I can confirm this, but I have a feeling that "thunk-provoking" is my most used rating on KF. There's an awful lot of stuff out there that makes me think, but I've not yet had a chance to think a post through to the point where I have a response capable of advancing the conversation.

Basil II

I, glowie
Remarkable Onion
I honestly wish for a bait sticker, one of the problems I noticed with KF is there were a lot of (literal) autists who seriously couldn't figure out dynastia or someone was fucking with them, maybe this way some of the more socially apt users can help out those less fortunate.
bait.jpg