Old Games that Still Hold Up

kiwifaggot

Not a funposter
Baby Onion
Just about everything Nintendo and Capom have put out. Unless it's on the Atari I also don't really get comments about games "aging." Assuming it isn't broken fundamentally fun gameplay isn't really hindered by graphical limitations.

Favorite ones that don't get enough attention are Captain Commando and Comix Zone.

Billy Yankee

American Civil War Sperg
Registered
Been meaning to check out Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition. It's like the perfect middle ground between a simple remaster and a full-fledged remake.

APerson

Remarkable Onion
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. A lot of the quotes are timeless.

Attachments

• Gx1E3retiLs7JlGa3XD5Z8cjMeMot5YCl4yRTQaC2tc.jpg
    Gx1E3retiLs7JlGa3XD5Z8cjMeMot5YCl4yRTQaC2tc.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 186

Need For Sneed

I feel the need
Hellovan Onion
Transport Tycoon/OpenTTD. I think these can be counted as one and the same, because OpenTTD circa 2021 looks and plays almost identically to Transport Tycoon circa 1994 (albeit with much larger maps and greater control over train signalling/routing).

MooseGump

Remarkable Onion
All I know about Super Mario RPG is this catchy song sung by some Swedish dude called Märta.

Ah dude that's legendary, it's animated by what used to be byleth's voice actor until he fucked up and got fired for spoiling he was gonna be in smash way before it was gonna actually happen lol

It's literal internet history with it being over 10 years old too