Technology Is Youtube messing with your adblocker already?

Technical Related Threads

The Gays From LA

The Gays From LA Took My K.Flay Away
Hellovan Onion
I had seen videos announcing Youtube threatening to fuck with users that have adblockers - and thank you very much Linus Tech Tips, you literally started this bullshit.

Today was the first day for me personally that I noticed Youtube trying to fuck with my adblocker. It happened when I clicked on this Dylan Burns video:

Instead of giving me the video straight away, the area of the webpage with the Youtube video went black for 11 seconds while showing me the title of the advertisement I was supposed to have watched, and only then did it start playing the video.

Can someone else with an adblocker installed please tell me if they're getting the same effect when trying to view the above video (on Youtube itself)?

AnusSquirt69

Remarkable Onion
I use brave and some ads have popped up here and there but mostly ad free still. The other day I noticed a big uptick in ads but its gone back to normal.

Catoru Gojo

The Untouchable Cat
Baby Onion
I had seen videos announcing Youtube threatening to fuck with users that have adblockers - and thank you very much Linus Tech Tips, you literally started this bullshit.

Today was the first day for me personally that I noticed Youtube trying to fuck with my adblocker. It happened when I clicked on this Dylan Burns video:

Instead of giving me the video straight away, the area of the webpage with the Youtube video went black for 11 seconds while showing me the title of the advertisement I was supposed to have watched, and only then did it start playing the video.

Can someone else with an adblocker installed please tell me if they're getting the same effect when trying to view the above video (on Youtube itself)?

Ublock origin, never have another problem again.