Halloween Hate Thread

Slidey Boi

Modguin
Local Moderator
Just like with Easter and Christmas, we can thank the Catholic church's practice of trying to replace a pre-existing pagan holiday with a Christian one in an effort to wipe the pagan one out, only to find heretical pagan traditions being integrated into the Christian version of the holiday. It used to be Hallowed Eve, a day for revering the saints.

Yeah nowadays its beyond meaningless. At least Christmas tries to pretend to have some meaning.

Nektar Geist

An Onion Among Onions
Seriously WTF is Halloween?

"Samhain (pronounced “SOW-in” or “SAH-win”), was a festival celebrated by the ancient Celts halfway between the autumn equinox and the winter solstice. It began at dusk around October 31st and likely lasted three days. Samhain marked the transition between the year's lighter and darker halves and was celebrated throughout the ancient Celtic communities of Europe, including Ireland, Wales, and Scotland. Believed by the ancient Celts to be a liminal time when the veil between the human and spirit realms is lifted, Samhain is considered by many to be the precursor to contemporary Halloween celebrations. Samhain is also the modern Irish word for the month of November. In Ireland, the Hill of Ward in County Meath was the sacred site of the Samhain fire festival, and in recent years, people have gathered there on Halloween to participate in a modern-day Samhain revival."

As someone who likes to pretend to be a cat, I thought you'd have more time for the time of the season.

Neko Rights Activist

OK I'm a pink cat =UwU=
Remarkable Onion

"Samhain (pronounced “SOW-in” or “SAH-win”), was a festival celebrated by the ancient Celts halfway between the autumn equinox and the winter solstice. It began at dusk around October 31st and likely lasted three days. Samhain marked the transition between the year's lighter and darker halves and was celebrated throughout the ancient Celtic communities of Europe, including Ireland, Wales, and Scotland. Believed by the ancient Celts to be a liminal time when the veil between the human and spirit realms is lifted, Samhain is considered by many to be the precursor to contemporary Halloween celebrations. Samhain is also the modern Irish word for the month of November. In Ireland, the Hill of Ward in County Meath was the sacred site of the Samhain fire festival, and in recent years, people have gathered there on Halloween to participate in a modern-day Samhain revival."

As someone who likes to pretend to be a cat, I thought you'd have more time for the time of the season.
ewww paganigger shit

Carl

It don't matter. None of this matters.
Registered
Seriously WTF is Halloween? What is this shit supposed to be? It's nothing more than just consumerism bullcrap masquerading as a holiday.

Death to consumerism
Death to hedonism
Death to atheism
Death to capitalism
Death to Halloween!!!
yeah but candy corn is going to be on clearance tomorrow. So death to my pancreas as well.

MylarBalloon123

Baby Onion
Halloween is an American thing that became popular in my country within the last 15 years... but honestly I don't care for Halloween.

MylarBalloon123

Baby Onion
onionfarms1.jpg

this website is too American.