Forum Suggestions

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
I'm your friendly neighborhood skinwalker
One of the main goals of Onionfarms is to have all the available tools that we need such as saving videos, continuous feeds and so forth. I want us to be "technology developed". I am not sure where we stand in relation to other forums. But tips and stuff for add-ons to the forum download tools and so forth I think will be helpful.

Commenter

Registered
Convert the website into a single page application (SPA). Svelte is preferred because Vue can be rather slow, though perhaps Vue has a larger userbase. Back end can be anything, though SvelteKit may be simplest if using Svelte. Use socket.io or ws to send people real-time updates so that forum threads can work almost like a chat. Seems rather odd any website in this age would require you to refresh to get updates... which is all the forums of course.

Not to be expected all at once, XenForo seems to have a lot of things so there's lots of work needed to reach feature parity when starting anew. Still, it seems like all forum software is of the 00s decade.

【VOID】

Retired Staff
Convert the website into a single page application (SPA). Svelte is preferred because Vue can be rather slow, though perhaps Vue has a larger userbase. Back end can be anything, though SvelteKit may be simplest if using Svelte. Use socket.io or ws to send people real-time updates so that forum threads can work almost like a chat. Seems rather odd any website in this age would require you to refresh to get updates... which is all the forums of course.

Not to be expected all at once, XenForo seems to have a lot of things so there's lots of work needed to reach feature parity when starting anew. Still, it seems like all forum software is of the 00s decade.
That's retarded lol

TheEternalCoomer

Baby Onion
If we could get Tor and I2P addresses, that would be sooooooooo nice.

An onion themed site that even already uses the Tor colors... It fits so perfectly...

Last edited:

【VOID】

Retired Staff
Very nice. Don't forget I2P too, it's a little bit more complicated to set up, but faster than Tor as of late, and more resistant against DDoS (if you're using the default Java implementation of I2P)
ngl I don't know very much about I2P, I know all about freenet and tor, I'll look into what is necessary in providing an IP2 version of the site as well but I'm sure we'll get an onion site up before an I2P site.

Last edited:

Blaine Gaven Ross

annoying skitzo pedo groomer troon
SpergCage Resident
Hey @Sailfish i have an idea so you are making the onionfarms.net as another splinter site to protect onionfarms well i have an idea make an onionfarms imageboard and call it onionchan

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
Hey @Sailfish i have an idea so you are making the onionfarms.net as another splinter site to protect onionfarms well i have an idea make an onionfarms imageboard and call it onionchan
What Onionfarms.net actually is will be for geopolitical drama (countries). It is a separate forum because geopolitical drama is basically out of its element here. I actually did have the domain Onionchan. This was going to be for Naught because he was looking for a Wizardchan alternative but it did not carry forward and the domain expired.

Blaine Gaven Ross

annoying skitzo pedo groomer troon
SpergCage Resident
What Onionfarms.net actually is will be for geopolitical drama (countries). It is a separate forum because geopolitical drama is basically out of its element here. I actually did have the domain Onionchan. This was going to be for Naught because he was looking for a Wizardchan alternative but it did not carry forward and the domain expired.
Does anybody else have that domain also why not make geopolitics its own subforum instead of a seperate forum?

Cowboy

Registered
sorry for the necro post but you should make an onionwiki like kiwi did with the lolcow wiki it could be useful and like said above maybe not an imageboard but rather a textboard it would be the first of its kind in north america and would eliminate the issue of CP raids that have affected most major image boards @Sailfish

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
sorry for the necro post but you should make an onionwiki like kiwi did with the lolcow wiki it could be useful and like said above maybe not an imageboard but rather a textboard it would be the first of its kind in north america and would eliminate the issue of CP raids that have affected most major image boards @Sailfish
Maybe In the future that is a possibility but right now we have all we can handle.

Cowboy

Registered
@Sailfish im gonna tell you my honest opinion of onionfarms.net its a dumb idea nobody is gonna use the watered down onionfarms that looks ugly dedicated to conflicts in africa or ukraine the few people who do would post them here its a silly idea to base an entire forum off of its like making an entirely new forum for discussion of girls its needless but even that would have more people i would suggest something different why not dedicate this one to more normie friendly drama like TLC the kardashians and twitch drama like livestream fail that would make sense and actually draw people to the site instead of heres the other site to talk about war in the middle east but do not post gore or any bad words this is the family friendly onionfarms i mean who is this getting nobody but a forum that was about normie internet drama over say something like internet blood sports it could get the reddit types who would flee to a site like this so thats my thoughts let me know what you think ken

Slidey Boi

Modguin
Local Moderator
@Sailfish im gonna tell you my honest opinion of onionfarms.net its a dumb idea nobody is gonna use the watered down onionfarms that looks ugly dedicated to conflicts in africa or ukraine the few people who do would post them here its a silly idea to base an entire forum off of its like making an entirely new forum for discussion of girls its needless but even that would have more people i would suggest something different why not dedicate this one to more normie friendly drama like TLC the kardashians and twitch drama like livestream fail that would make sense and actually draw people to the site instead of heres the other site to talk about war in the middle east but do not post gore or any bad words this is the family friendly onionfarms i mean who is this getting nobody but a forum that was about normie internet drama over say something like internet blood sports it could get the reddit types who would flee to a site like this so thats my thoughts let me know what you think ken
Our user base isn't that big and there's no real advertising. People go inactive as often as they join. Same number of active participants at any given time despite the total user growth. So why split it up and divide us further?

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
Because lolcow forums by their nature are controversial. Make Onionfarms famiy friendly? It would kill the forum. Lolcow forums and family friendly forums just don't mix. Trust me: I've been down that road before.

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
Our user base isn't that big and there's no real advertising. People go inactive as often as they join. Same number of active participants at any given time despite the total user growth. So why split it up and divide us further?
Because like I said, a political forum and a lolcow forum don't mix.