Announcement Changes to the Main Page

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
I'm your friendly neighborhood skinwalker
I have created separate pages for the spotlighted content and visitor statistics so the main page does not look as cluttered. Please let me know if you like this arrangement better or if you want me to go back to the old arrangement. Thanks

Goodspot

Still workin' on it
Baby Onion
I have created separate pages for the spotlighted content and visitor statistics so the main page does not look as cluttered. Please let me know if you like this arrangement better or if you want me to go back to the old arrangement. Thanks
Thank you for doing this, this does make the page less cluttered, but now the upper navigation tab seems more cluttered the with this long link name for the spotlight content. I would suggest also linking those two pages on the main page and shortening the link names on the upper nav. I.e. moving the "onionfarms.online interconnect" to the far right, that seems like a dead forum, and removing (onionfarms.com) from the spotlight link. Not trying to be combative, just my opinion.

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
BThank you for doing this, this does make the page less cluttered, but now the upper navigation tab seems more cluttered the with this long link name for the spotlight content. I would suggest also linking those two pages on the main page and shortening the link names on the upper nav. I.e. moving the "onionfarms.online interconnect" to the far right, that seems like a dead forum, and removing (onionfarms.com) from the spotlight link. Not trying to be combative, just my opinion.
What I think I will do is to have all this material on my Wordpress with a direct link. The other forum (onionfarms.online) is just getting started and I would like this to be more of a a general public forum.

The Gays From LA

The Gays From LA Took My K.Flay Away
Hellovan Onion
I disagree with this:

Featured Content is now on a separate page "Content in the Spotlight"​

You are not placing content in a spotlight by putting it on a separate page that first time visitors have to click through to visit or see.
No one is going to click through. Please put it back on the front page.

Goodspot

Still workin' on it
Baby Onion
Sorry to waffle on this, but while I agree with the moving the statistics to another page (at least link to it on the main page) I don't agree with removing the featured section, it makes this site less like KF and like Gays said, putting it on another page makes the featured content not be featured any more.

To declutter the main page, you could remove the redundant mention of "Cenk has a Meltdown in debate with rabbi", it's mentioned twice. Also, could you put back the declaration of "Onion Farms — The Kiwi Farms for the rest of us"? I liked that lol.

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
Sorry to waffle on this, but while I agree with the moving the statistics to another page (at least link to it on the main page) I don't agree with removing the featured section, it makes this site less like KF and like Gays said, putting it on another page makes the featured content not be featured any more.

To declutter the main page, you could remove the redundant mention of "Cenk has a Meltdown in debate with rabbi", it's mentioned twice. Also, could you put back the declaration of "Onion Farms — The Kiwi Farms for the rest of us"? I liked that lol.
I see what you mean. I would say the newest three threads in each category would be featured on the front page with the older ones relegated to the WordPress page.

The Gays From LA

The Gays From LA Took My K.Flay Away
Hellovan Onion
I am sorry, I'm not gonna buy stickers from a forum that allows persistent trolls to chase away all the promising newbies with unhinged flamewars from some of the most batshit trolls here and downvoting brigades from all the other trolls whose only purpose of this forum is to chase away newbies by making them feel like they're already getting attacked upon their very first post. You need to do more to retain newbies and make them feel like they can freely post here without getting instantly dog-piled by the trolls. You can think about stickers later.

Do you think it makes me wanna continue posting here when you know these downvote brigades are going on and you are doing nothing to stop them?

KenethDoSomethingToRetainNewbies.jpg

These are three trolls who contribute literally nothing to this forum. The only thing they're doing is shitting up threads with off-topic flamewars and downvote-bombing newbies to chase them away. Do something about that if you want this forum to grow.

Nektar Geist

An Onion Among Onions
You can think about stickers later.
The subject of stickers is a sore one to Gays, it seems...
Do you think it makes me wanna continue posting here when you know these downvote brigades are going on and you are doing nothing to stop them?
Hasn't stopped you so far...
These are three trolls who contribute literally nothing to this forum.
They have irked you. That is something.
The only thing they're doing is shitting up threads with off-topic flamewars and downvote-bombing newbies to chase them away
Yet... the only person complaining is...
Do something about that if you want this forum to grow.
Get a job.

fag0t

Hellovan Onion
i was actually rarely rating his posts at all until i saw him crying about me specifically negrating all his posts so i will just do that it is what he wanted

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
I am sorry, I'm not gonna buy stickers from a forum that allows persistent trolls to chase away all the promising newbies with unhinged flamewars from some of the most batshit trolls here and downvoting brigades from all the other trolls whose only purpose of this forum is to chase away newbies by making them feel like they're already getting attacked upon their very first post. You need to do more to retain newbies and make them feel like they can freely post here without getting instantly dog-piled by the trolls. You can think about stickers later.

View attachment 41840

These are three trolls who contribute literally nothing to this forwum. The only thing they're doing is shitting up threads with off-topic flamewars and downvote-bombing newbies to chase them away. Do something about that if you want this forum to grow.
I will talk about this with staff but for the time being simply put these people on ignore. The problem with banning people you find unpleasant is that you end up banning more and more people until you end up just like Null. I have talked about the forum with a friend of mine and basically you are thrown in with a bunch of gremlins. I might consider the option of private forums for our more active members so you can individually tailor the environment.

fag0t

Hellovan Onion
I will talk about this with staff but for the time being simply put these people on ignore. The problem with banning people you find unpleasant is that you end up banning more and more people until you end up just like Null. I have talked about the forum with a friend of mine and basically you are thrown in with a bunch of gremlins. I might consider the option of private forums for our more active members so you can individually tailor the environment.
he already has everyone he is crying about on ignore he just wants people who dont like his retarded posts punished