Barbie Movie Raises Eyebrows as it Premiers in the Middle East

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
I'm your friendly neighborhood skinwalker
The movie Barbie premiered in the Middle East on Wednesday but it is raising eyebrows on how well it will be accepted in this part of the world. The movie has drawn fire because of its flamboyance and message of inclusion of gender equality and sexual orientation even though there is no open sexuality or reference to LGBTQ+ rights.

Kuwait announced its ban late Wednesday saying the film promotes "ideas and beliefs alien to Kuwaiti society and public order". The state run KUNA news agency did not elaborate in detail on why it took this position.

In Lebanon, the Culture Minister Mohammad Mortada said the film "contradicts values of faith and morality" and to "promote homosexuality and sexual transformation". His request to ban the film was forwarded to Lebanon's General Security agency. The move sparked considerable concern among the LGBTQ+ community in Lebanon which was seen as an country of relative tolerance in the Arab World. In the Middle East, many Christians, Muslims and Jews consider same-sex relations to be sinful and against society's mores.

In Iraq, regulators banned media from using the word "homosexuality", and instead ordered the media to refer to it as "sexual deviance"

Oddly enough: the movie did premiere in the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia on August 10th.

https://apnews.com/article/mideast-barbie-movie-censorship-955390b933747bfc3f662022db2e4d9b

Firegirl26

Hellovan Onion
I saw the Barbie movie with a friend of mine. She literally was sleeping through half of it. I am the other hand saw the movie, but I don’t know it was stupid. There were some good parts in it. In the beginning Barbies world was like a utopia for women where everyone like, got along, however, that’s never really going to happen in real life because women can get along with each other, but there could be backstabbing and people do things to climb up the social ladder. The matriarchy can be just as ruthless and vicious as a patriarchy.

Warrior of Light

Baby Onion
I saw the Barbie movie with a friend of mine. She literally was sleeping through half of it. I am the other hand saw the movie, but I don’t know it was stupid. There were some good parts in it. In the beginning Barbies world was like a utopia for women where everyone like, got along, however, that’s never really going to happen in real life because women can get along with each other, but there could be backstabbing and people do things to climb up the social ladder. The matriarchy can be just as ruthless and vicious as a patriarchy.

Never saw it but it is a fact nowadays most women can't get along with eachother most of the time and would rather hang out with men

As for this movie, I'm even surprised they didn't prevent it from releasing in the Middle East.
I mean haven't they seen the Barbie previews?
The previews itself should raise their eyebrows.

Chrysler Building

Hellovan Onion
Barbie movie was okay, I'm glad that it's not a marvel movie. not sure what anyone expected trying to release it in the middle east

Assley Butsmell

Remarkable Onion
Disclaimer: Idind't watch the movie, just read the plot.

Other than Ken being a little too simple and naive, I think it's a movie meant to be straightforward and fun, if not too basic. It wasn't a serious tryhard feminist movie IMO, but for some reason got conservative pundits screech "emasculating."

are these towelheads going to declare a fatwa on the director for portraying women more than a fuckmeat?

Chrysler Building

Hellovan Onion
What did you think of the 2001 "parody" scene?

I thought it was decently clever and an easy shorthand to portray what a difference Barbie made to the toy landscape. I think the staging and prop handling was merely "alright" and some of the narration was shitty claptrap whining about little girls getting tired of playing "mother" because ohhhh isn't it hilarious how motherhood is sooooo joyless and unrewarding!!!! News to me because I had Barbies and I liked playing "Mother." Sometimes I played both at the same time! So that was really stupid to watch them denigrate motherhood and little girls like that, as if playing house is something to be ashamed of. That was definitely one part of the movie that was created by seething and coping feminists who are hateful because they don't have children.

It still did a good job of portraying why Barbie made such a difference though. I thought it was clever to use Margot Robbie in the shot instead of a plastic doll. The point was to get across how revolutionary Barbie was and it succeeded even if it was hamfisted.

My favorite part of the movie is that Ben Shapiro sat in the theater taking notes to cry about it.
View attachment 38142

Watching the grift right seethe/cope/dilate over this movie hitting $1bil is even funnier than when they cried after failing to cancel James Gunn. They're so retarded.

Disclaimer: Idind't watch the movie, just read the plot.

Other than Ken being a little too simple and naive, I think it's a movie meant to be straightforward and fun, if not too basic. It wasn't a serious tryhard feminist movie IMO, but for some reason got conservative pundits screech "emasculating."

are these towelheads going to declare a fatwa on the director for portraying women more than a fuckmeat?

The towelheads only need to ban the movie, they're being careful because they don't want to risk making the movie too interesting to their populations. I think that if the American grift right could declare a fatwa on women for trying to climb above "fuckmeat" status, they would.

Nektar Geist

An Onion Among Onions
I thought it was decently clever and an easy shorthand to portray what a difference Barbie made to the toy landscape
I have a feeling the director has never actually watched 2001, and has no understanding of what the scene actually means. To people who understand what the Monolith means, that scene... well, that's for another time.

What did you think of the logic fail of Ken asking to see a doctor?

Assley Butsmell

Remarkable Onion
I watched the movie because of the grift right crying about it. I was surprised it had some actual funny jokes in it. I like when ken established the patriarchy they play top gun style beach volleyball and just ride horses all day.
Ken establishing Patriarchy, IMO, was not a bashing plot on men itself, but it was a reflection of Ken (and other Ken/male dolls) being naive and simply unable to the real implication of toxic patriarchy so he just emulated it, much like kids who can't filter what they hear or learn. It is also a correct representation of Ken because Ken as a character in Barbie brand (not the movie) is very lacking in character, so it only makes sense for Ken to absorb whatever new things he sees, and then make it part of it to "add fleshes and bones"

Assley Butsmell

Remarkable Onion
I liked the movie it was funny. And the slotlight.com ads added to the entertainment.
Kens obsession with horses was hilarious.
But not sure what they expected when they released it in the middle east.
My favorite part of the movie is that Ben Shapiro sat in the theater taking notes to cry about it.
View attachment 38142
Who watches Jewpiro anyway these days lol, can you imagine graduating from a top law school just to be a Jewtuber?
I really, really want to see who makes more money: his doctor wife or him?

Chrysler Building

Hellovan Onion
What did you think of the logic fail of Ken asking to see a doctor?

I'd say the film makers understood the purpose of the Monolith insofar as it jumpstarted human evolution; not so much how the Monolith introduced tool making and arms racing/competitive violence.

That's the joke where Ken is x-rayed by the tranny Barbie on the Beach I believe? It was alright, it wasn't as funny as when Barbie was called a fascist and she was able to articulate that she can't be a fascist because she doesn't control commerce. Same goes for the joke where Ken is trying to find someone to perform surgery on, it was just a throw away laugh and only "okay."

I watched the movie because of the grift right crying about it. I was surprised it had some actual funny jokes in it. I like when ken established the patriarchy they play top gun style beach volleyball and just ride horses all day.
Ken establishing Patriarchy, IMO, was not a bashing plot on men itself, but it was a reflection of Ken (and other Ken/male dolls) being naive and simply unable to the real implication of toxic patriarchy so he just emulated it, much like kids who can't filter what they hear or learn. It is also a correct representation of Ken because Ken as a character in Barbie brand (not the movie) is very lacking in character, so it only makes sense for Ken to absorb whatever new things he sees, and then make it part of it to "add fleshes and bones"

All this but I also interpret Ken's patriarchy thing as examining the incel/PUA/manosphere culture present on twitter. In IRL those men are all closeted homosexuals that like to spend time "beaching off" competitively with other men like the Gunt vs Fuentes or whoever. It's all homoeroticism where they use possession of women as weapons to bitch fight against other men, I was thinking of IBS every time the Kens were fighting over Barbie. But whenever these types come into contact with a real patriarchy they collapse and fold into whiny babies. I saw a clip from some reality show where an American man tried going to the Middle East because he wanted a "trad wife." When he actually got there and talked to the matchmaker she immediately started berating him because he wanted his "trad wife" to work, she immediately told him that trad women's expectations were very high and that he was expected to pay for everything while his wife stayed at home forever, and that if he tried to get his "trad wife" to work then he would never marry an Arab woman. He spent a few minutes whining into the camera because he didn't expect to have to support a wife and children all by himself and that this was an unfair burden and expectation on him.

So the Kens are just like that, along with Fag Fuentes and Fag Cernovich and all the others, they are playacting at masculinity. They want the beer commercial life but when Ken has the responsibilities of power, it doesn't take long for him to collapse on Barbie whining about how hard it is. A man from a truly patriarchal society shoulders many burdens and endures suffering for the sake of his wife and children, even in towelhead societies. (There are in fact many stories of love and selflessness and devotion between husbands and wives from the Middle East; its just that there's a lot of child rape too.)

Modern men like the Kens and Ben Shapiro and Steve Crowders and sex tourists from America are all the same. They are wimpy little brats that only want the trappings of a patriarchal society but are too dumb and weak to handle its responsibilities, and so they turn over everything to their wives and girlfriends so they can wear their twitter make up and prance around in YouTube videos pretending to be real men.

I might be over interpreting the movie but it's what I thought while I watched those sequences. No wonder it flew over the heads of the grift right.

Assley Butsmell

Remarkable Onion
I'd say the film makers understood the purpose of the Monolith insofar as it jumpstarted human evolution; not so much how the Monolith introduced tool making and arms racing/competitive violence.

That's the joke where Ken is x-rayed by the tranny Barbie on the Beach I believe? It was alright, it wasn't as funny as when Barbie was called a fascist and she was able to articulate that she can't be a fascist because she doesn't control commerce. Same goes for the joke where Ken is trying to find someone to perform surgery on, it was just a throw away laugh and only "okay."

All this but I also interpret Ken's patriarchy thing as examining the incel/PUA/manosphere culture present on twitter. In IRL those men are all closeted homosexuals that like to spend time "beaching off" competitively with other men like the Gunt vs Fuentes or whoever. It's all homoeroticism where they use possession of women as weapons to bitch fight against other men, I was thinking of IBS every time the Kens were fighting over Barbie. But whenever these types come into contact with a real patriarchy they collapse and fold into whiny babies. I saw a clip from some reality show where an American man tried going to the Middle East because he wanted a "trad wife." When he actually got there and talked to the matchmaker she immediately started berating him because he wanted his "trad wife" to work, she immediately told him that trad women's expectations were very high and that he was expected to pay for everything while his wife stayed at home forever, and that if he tried to get his "trad wife" to work then he would never marry an Arab woman. He spent a few minutes whining into the camera because he didn't expect to have to support a wife and children all by himself and that this was an unfair burden and expectation on him.

So the Kens are just like that, along with Fag Fuentes and Fag Cernovich and all the others, they are playacting at masculinity. They want the beer commercial life but when Ken has the responsibilities of power, it doesn't take long for him to collapse on Barbie whining about how hard it is. A man from a truly patriarchal society shoulders many burdens and endures suffering for the sake of his wife and children, even in towelhead societies. (There are in fact many stories of love and selflessness and devotion between husbands and wives from the Middle East; its just that there's a lot of child rape too.)

Modern men like the Kens and Ben Shapiro and Steve Crowders and sex tourists from America are all the same. They are wimpy little brats that only want the trappings of a patriarchal society but are too dumb and weak to handle its responsibilities, and so they turn over everything to their wives and girlfriends so they can wear their twitter make up and prance around in YouTube videos pretending to be real men.

I might be over interpreting the movie but it's what I thought while I watched those sequences. No wonder it flew over the heads of the grift right.
a possible extrapolation but Fuentes is a gay tho