Why is Kiwifarms having so much trouble? My Guess

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
I'm your friendly neighborhood skinwalker
Onionfarms has completely moved over to our new hosting provider and here's the deal.
We are using an offshore hosting provider based out of Panama with DMCA ignored hosting compared with Gator.

Now the question you are probably wondering is why?
First of all it is probably cheaper hosting out of Panama than hosting out of Germany for example.
Also the DMCA is not recognized in Panama. If someone wants to force our hosting provider to take a thread down, they have to go through the court system in Panama.

More importantly because of German law, hosting companies are going to be very sensitive when it comes to controversial sites such as Kiwifarms which are seen as hosting content perceived as racist or "attacking the dignity of the individual" or disclosing "sensitive personal information". When Kiwifarms went back on the clearnet under the domain "sneed.today" they were using (you guessed it) a German-based hosting service. And the issue with "sensitive personal information" was why they were taken down. This seems to be the case in a lot of European countries.

I have read the AUP very carefully for our new hosting company and I think we are on a lot firmer ground in terms of free speech.

delphi

refugee
Hellovan Onion
More importantly because of German law, hosting companies are going to be very sensitive when it comes to controversial sites such as Kiwifarms which are seen as hosting content perceived as racist or "attacking the dignity of the individual" or disclosing "sensitive personal information". When Kiwifarms went back on the clearnet under the domain "sneed.today" they were using (you guessed it) a German-based hosting service. And the issue with "sensitive personal information" was why they were taken down. This seems to be the case in a lot of European countries.
It was a bit more complicated than that.
1690856582749.png

1690855094360.png

Last edited: