• The best Kiwifarms splinter site on the internet
    All races, religions and political orientations are welcome.
    Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (Male, female, gay, straight. cis, trans) we don't care.
    If you can swing with a pack of gremlins on the Onionfarms, you are one of us.

The Fighting Games General Thread

SSF2T Old User

No Super Combos Necessary
Hellovan Onion
Can we also talk about beat 'em games like Final Fight and Streets of Rage in this thread too?
I don't see why not.

Streets of Rage Remake got an update to 5.2 on November 2020
Info Here: https://sorr.forumotion.net/t838-new-streets-of-rage-remake-v5-2-download-and-info
Download Link: https://mega.nz/file/Ls1VSYwB#U2w43g_v-g2jt34FOMY3bu7WR8eB2MYdToWg2ICnOMo
TL;DR on new changes:
  • Full 16:9 widescreen support for the main game and for Sormaker mods
  • 15 New tracks (both remixes and original) from BGM1401
  • New scenes added and graphics updated throughout the game
  • All new intro and updated graphics for endings, main menu, and shop
  • AI has been hugely improved, providing a better challenge and better balance
  • Achievements added
  • Overhauled menu layout with submenus and all new options
  • Choice of Remixed or Retro OST
Here's a link to whatever SORR Mods were salvaged after the purge: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19jzn3LEN2apTbjf4nogApUN0o9qHCaJn

wtfeasymode

this game sucks
Remarkable Onion
Man I haven’t played SORR in years. I thought the project got DMCA’d by Sega back in 2011.

Larry Bundy Sr

'Ello you!
Remarkable Onion
I don't see why not.
Good, I love beat'em'ups. Speaking of which, what's the ideal way to set up Final Burn Alpha/Neo? I've set up MAME before but I don't wanna learn the ropes of a whole new set of autism to get Neo running, and plus I wanna finish up my beat'em'up/shmup countertop before I fuckin' die and I wanna play Battle Circuit again

MooseGump

Remarkable Onion
Good, I love beat'em'ups. Speaking of which, what's the ideal way to set up Final Burn Alpha/Neo? I've set up MAME before but I don't wanna learn the ropes of a whole new set of autism to get Neo running, and plus I wanna finish up my beat'em'up/shmup countertop before I fuckin' die and I wanna play Battle Circuit again
While it's not primarily made for these games, Fightcade supports a lot of beat 'em ups and play them offline using the "testing" feature they got (it uses final burn for the emulator), it's the absolute simplest way I found other than grabbing the emulator yourself and searching a romset for that particular emulator and fiddle with options

SSF2T Old User

Hellovan Onion
I thought the project got DMCA’d by Sega back in 2011.
According to a spanish-only wiki entry for SORR, It prevented the download link being hosted on BomberGames' site, not from other servers.
Screenshot_2021-02-11_09-14-48.png

Incidentally, as soon as BomberGames got DMCA'd, SEGA released a port of SOR2 on iPhones, so make of it what you will.

I think BomberGames is ok now considering SOR4 is a thing and SEGA has been making bank on that, so why would they care about a 10+ year old fangame now?

SSF2T Old User

Hellovan Onion
Guess who's in fortnite now...

Also here's the Mortal Kombat Movie Trailer

Last edited:

SSF2T Old User

Hellovan Onion
Capcom cucking once again. This time to the Chinese... like everyone else seems to be doing ?

They released an "arcade pack" that contains street fighter 2 games with multiple changes, like changing the Hong-Kong flag (left pic) to the CCP one (right pic)
st01.jpg
st02.jpg

E. Honda's stage, which had the Japanese sun (left pic) was removed for this pack (right pic) due to commies being butthurt about Japan's national pride for their former empire.
st03.jpg
st04.jpg

Source of claims (it's in japanese and it's a 5 hour long stream, but the SF stuff is in the beginning and ends around the 20 min mark)

Mike Stoklasa Simp

Remarkable Onion
I want a street fighter 4 remaster so I can be browbeaten into coming out of retirement as "that guy that plays Gen and Hakan for some fucking reason"

also balance MVC3 you cunts take away the goochi belt and delete morrigan so it can be fun to watch again

SSF2T Old User

Hellovan Onion
Fighting EX Layer is getting a Nintendo Switch version called "Fighting EX Layer: Another Dash". Aside from the toned-down graphics due to hardware limitations, the switch version get's rid of the "Goujin Deck" in favor for EX Moves and system (EX-Dash, EX-Arrow, EX-Illusion)

Oh, and if anyone still cares, SkullGirls is still a thing.

Ronald Rump

Definitely not the Former President of the US
Hellovan Onion
I am interested in seeing new Skullgirls characters.
Guilty Gear delay is a bummer.

SSF2T Old User

Hellovan Onion
Sony Bought EVO
EwyUvHEVEAAuR9u.jpeg

SRK Is on board with this
Screenshot_2021-03-19_18-41-18.png

Games to appear, so far, on EVO 2021
evo-2021-games-list.png

More EVO Info:
The largest fighting game competition in the world, EVO Championship Series, has just been purchased by Sony Interactive Entertainment. Newly-formed eSports organization RTS joins Sony in the acquisition of EVO. "Fighting games have been a vital part of PlayStation's legacy and our community since the very beginning, and we've been thrilled to partner with Evo over the years," said Sony's vice president of competitive gaming, Steven Roberts. "EVO co-founders Tom and Tony Cannon will remain closely involved in an advisory role to ensure EVO continues to service the fighting game community and support its vibrant growth."

■ EVO Online Kicks off in August 2021

With the support of world-class publishers, Evo is returning this year as Evo Online, a fully online competition taking place August 6 – 8 and 13-15. Entry will be free, and players in North America, Europe, Asia and Latin America* will be able to compete in BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment’s Tekken 7, Capcom’s Street Fighter V: Champion Edition, Warner Bros. Games’ Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate, and Arc System Works’ Guilty Gear -Strive- in an open format. The online qualifiers will be livestreamed for fans, and more details will be shared in the coming weeks on evo.gg.

Our collective team is laser-focused on one mission: preserving the authenticity of Evo for the fighting game community and finding creative ways, alongside our fans, to grow the tournament and make its events and broadcasts more fun, engaging and accessible than ever. At its core, Evo will remain what it has always been: an open-format competition that gives fighting game fans from different countries a chance to connect, test their skills, and forge new friendships.

■ A New Chapter in our Esports Journey

For PlayStation, today’s announcement marks an exciting step in our journey to foster the growth of the fighting game community and esports, and support competitive gamers widely on our consoles. Fighting games are hugely popular on PlayStation consoles, with gamers logging more than 1.1 billion gameplay hours in 2020 alone. We’re committed to breaking down the barriers for gamers to compete at all levels and providing a best-in-class, global platform for them to showcase their skills and passion.

We also want to voice our support for Evo's message today about creating a safe and inclusive environment for players. At PlayStation, we’ve always made that our highest priority. As a collective team, we’ll work closely together to ensure future Evo events are safe and welcoming for the entire community.

We’ll have much more to share about what’s coming for Evo 2021 in the coming weeks and months. Read more at SIE.blog.
Source + Archive

Mike Stoklasa Simp

Remarkable Onion
Bit of a risk on Sony's part to pick it up, but in the long term it'll probably pay off once Evo tourneys can physically be attended yet again

I admit of late I've had a bit of an urge to order a fightstick and brush off a decade of dust with some of these games going around because of how good the netcode supposedly is on some of them, but I've probably got enough distractions already. I heard GGXRD's steam release has made it a powerhouse because they finally got some good netcode out there