Nintendo Direct

SSj_Ness

Baby Onion

Did anybody see this? Anything you liked? It reminded me how much of a Nintendo fag I am :story: . I was really impressed for the first time in while, there's actually a lot of good games coming this year.

What I'm looking forward to:

Super Mario RPG (remake)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder
Sonic Superstars
Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince
Princess Peach game (untitled)
Detective Pikachu Returns

I'm also a bit curious about Silent Hope, Penny’s Big Breakaway, and Persona 5 Tactica.

Empresa

Ladmin
they made him a munchkin ,
1687411677229.png

(wide powerstance)

wish they used a different style other than the 3D modern one all the games pretty much use now.

youthful_ shannel

Hellovan Onion
Super Mario RPG (remake)
This reminds me of that cheap Seiken Densetsu 3 remake from a few years ago, only difference is that was a cheap remake of a beautiful game, the original mario rpg has aged like ass. Keep in mind I am a Eurofag so the first time I played it was on the WiiU, which wasn't the best SNES emulator.

SSj_Ness

Baby Onion
they made him a munchkin ,
View attachment 36191
(wide powerstance)

wish they used a different style other than the 3D modern one all the games pretty much use now.
I agree, but at least they didn't just use the regular proportions, which is what I'd have expected for a remake. They should have went with something more clay-like to better resemble the original design (which was probably unintentional at the time but it's iconic now).

This reminds me of that cheap Seiken Densetsu 3 remake from a few years ago, only difference is that was a cheap remake of a beautiful game, the original mario rpg has aged like ass. Keep in mind I am a Eurofag so the first time I played it was on the WiiU, which wasn't the best SNES emulator.
I don't know how you can think it aged poorly, at least in terms of gameplay. It's pretty balanced until you recruit Peach and get her leveled, then it becomes a bit easy (and it's a cakewalk if you acquire the Blue Shell equipment, but the average player will miss that on their first run, plus it's a ways into the game at least).

The actual timing mechanics make it pretty fun still too, it's more interesting than just having a plain turn-based system.

youthful_ shannel

Hellovan Onion
I agree, but at least they didn't just use the regular proportions, which is what I'd have expected for a remake. They should have went with something more clay-like to better resemble the original design (which was probably unintentional at the time but it's iconic now).

I don't know how you can think it aged poorly, at least in terms of gameplay. It's pretty balanced until you recruit Peach and get her leveled, then it becomes a bit easy (and it's a cakewalk if you acquire the Blue Shell equipment, but the average player will miss that on their first run, plus it's a ways into the game at least).

The actual timing mechanics make it pretty fun still too, it's more interesting than just having a plain turn-based system.
Yeah the gameplay was nice, but the visuals are horrendous, on a modern TV it just looks like a bunch of badly cropped Gifs floating around.