Technology Kaspersky

Technical Related Threads

Syrup

queen opee the great
Hellovan Onion
Does Mcafee protect you from cyberbullying and other computer nasties?

• Deep Thunk
Reactions: BSC

Syrup

queen opee the great
Hellovan Onion
this is a forum of discussion nobody needs your explicit permission to speak
I have no personal experience but some people don't trust anything that comes from Russia. It's called russophobia.
No one asked.

• Dumb
Reactions: BSC

Need For Sneed

I feel the need
Hellovan Onion
What is your opinion of Kaspersky to secure your computer cpmpared to say Norton or McAfee?
Norton and McAfee are AIDS and cancer respectively. I wouldn't touch either of those with a 50 foot dildo.

Windows Defender and a decent adblocking extension is sufficient for most use cases. Maybe Malwarebytes AntiMalware as well if you can't help downloading and installing random .EXE files. That said, if you're extra paranoid or you share a computer with one or more retards, ESET Internet Security does an excellent job without cucking your computer or sending your data to the Ruskies.

Use Linux.
ESET is available for Linux, too.

Better still, use bear computer.

Last edited:

SSF2T Old User

No Super Combos Necessary
Hellovan Onion
For Linux users, if you want extra protection, you can use ClamAV and run it in a terminal, or you can install ClamTK as a graphical frontend afterwards.

They have an option for Windows users to run on the terminal as well, but they also recommend using Immunet
Features:
  • Real-time Detection
  • Scheduled Scanning
  • Intelligent Scanning - Fast and configurable smart scans
  • Custom Detection - Using the standard ClamAV signature language
  • Advanced Archive and Packer Support
  • Fast and Light System Footprint
  • Quarantine

Deleted member 291

The only antivirus I use is malwarebytes which just scans for stuff when I want unlike most antivirus which will delete your files because of a false positive. The worst part about antivirus software for me is how it always deletes piracy stuff not because its dangerous but because its "potentially unwanted" The only time I actually did get malware IMO was when AVG installed itself on my computer as part of a software bundle and I couldnt get rid of it without going through a really annoying process.

JoshPPP4ever

Jersh Internet Defense Force
Baby Onion
If you are from US use Kaspersky
If you are from RU use anything else.

Norton and especially McAfee are trash. Avira/G Data/Nod32 etc. are better