• The best Kiwifarms splinter site on the internet
    All races, religions and political orientations are welcome.
    Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (Male, female, gay, straight. cis, trans) we don't care.
    If you can swing with a pack of gremlins on the Onionfarms, you are one of us.

Technology How autism and a coincidence of wants empower stupid forum concepts

Technical Related Threads

ahhhwhat?

I'm retarded and I post only when I'm drunk
Registered
I dislike the concept of boiled burgers, but that doesn't stand up to Jews, feds or cancel culture. Also, I'm not paying or profiting from this shit, so I feel free to whatever the fuck without the consequences.

With that in mind:

> Fuck XenForo and MyBB
> Fuck your feelings
> Fuck everything, really

Option 1 (low effort):
Go with Discouse

Option 2 (high effort):
Setup a onionfarms fediverse instance and lemmy for commenting upon it. Bonus for isolating each section on its own instance, since this would actually help isolate any takedowns.

Rationale:

Last edited:

【VOID】

Retired Staff
I dislike the concept of boiled burgers, but that doesn't stand up to Jews, feds or cancel culture. Also, I'm not paying or profiting from this shit, so I feel free to whatever the fuck without the consequences.

With that in mind:

> Fuck XenForo and MyBB
> Fuck your feelings
> Fuck everything, really

Option 1 (low effort):
Go with Discouse

Option 2 (high effort):
Setup a onionfarms fediverse instance and lemmy for commenting upon it. Bonus for isolation each section on its own instance, since this would actually help isolate any takedowns.

Rationale:
>discourse
1666637172716.png

NuTech "modern" software geared towards appbrained zoomers built by faggots and SJWs who'll instantly terminate our license by virtue of simply existing.

>fediverse
Josh is a faggot for making an instance over his dream of creating a kiwi brand social media

>lemmy
Looks and behaves like a reddit clone built with Rust (lmao!)

Picrel:
1652930333616.jpg

Last edited:

ahhhwhat?

Registered
I was about to address you as an 'insufferable faggot' - due to posting soyjak shit and whatever, but then I remembered that I'm not a native English speaker and Luke 6:37 (kind of hypocrisy for a lolcow forum, but let's skip that for now).

>discourse

I was under the impression that that does not apply to self-hosted instances - which are subject to GNU GPL 2.0 only (https://github.com/discourse/discourse/blob/main/LICENSE.txt), but rather to the Discourse instance itself.

That's exactly what it is, but for the fediverse. I doubt you understood the concept behind it, but whatever. No hate, be happy, fuck you.

OnlyGemsDoe

Man can have sex with animals such as sheep, camels and so on. However, he should kill the animal after he has his orgasm. He should not sell the meat to the people in his own village. But selling the meat to a neighbouring village is reasonable.
Baby Onion
>discourse
View attachment 23131
NuTech "modern" software geared towards appbrained zoomers built by faggots and SJWs who'll instantly terminate our license by virtue of simply existing.

>fediverse
Josh is a faggot for making an instance over his dream of creating a kiwi brand social media

>lemmy

Picrel:
View attachment 23133
<built with rust
it is the year 2045. the tech industry lives under RUST rule. all C and C++ projects are RUSTED. legacy C++ projects only serve to help rewrite other pieces of code into RUST

【VOID】

Retired Staff
I was about to address you as an 'insufferable faggot' - due to posting soyjak shit and whatever, but then I remembered that I'm not a native English speaker and Luke 6:37 (kind of hypocrisy for a lolcow forum, but let's skip that for now).

I was under the impression that that does not apply to self-hosted instances - which are subject to GNU GPL 2.0 only (https://github.com/discourse/discourse/blob/main/LICENSE.txt), but rather to the Discourse instance itself.

That's exactly what it is, but for the fediverse. I doubt you understood the concept behind it, but whatever. No hate, be happy, fuck you.
You're the queerest of the bull queer faggots I've ever encountered. We're not turning OF into a federated reddit or installing NuTech software. Fuck off, homo.

ahhhwhat?

Registered
it is the year 2045. the tech industry lives under RUST rule. all C and C++ projects are RUSTED. legacy C++ projects only serve to help rewrite other pieces of code into RUST

RUST is filled with troons, same as Golang. C(++) or Python is the way to go. JS is for no skill faggots.

ahhhwhat?

Registered
You're the queerest of the bull queer faggots I've ever encountered. We're not turning OF into a federated reddit or installing NuTech software. Fuck off, homo.

You come here. I'm tell ya what: I like ya, and I want ya and hahh, we can do this the easy or the hard way, so the choice is yours, right?

OnlyGemsDoe

Man can have sex with animals such as sheep, camels and so on. However, he should kill the animal after he has his orgasm. He should not sell the meat to the people in his own village. But selling the meat to a neighbouring village is reasonable.
Baby Onion
RUST is filled with troons, same as Golang. C(++) or Python is the way to go. JS is for no skill faggots.
<muh skill
nigger dilating over languages is retarded and for faggot fizzbuzzers that have 0 thinking skills and ability to invent so they religiously learn specifics of language
meanwhile average math man that can into actual problem solving happily uses python and writes skillfull algorithm in it that is language-nonspecific but its easy for him to write in python so he does it
either that or he uses assembly/C and leverages knowledge of computer and math to create things like fast inverse square root
the thing with rust is that its just worse clang made for people who want a worse clang
in general le saying "JS IS LE BAD USE C HURR DURR FAST EFFICIENT" usually means ur a larping niggerfaggot fizzbuzzer and dont do anything

ahhhwhat?

Registered
<muh skill
nigger dilating over languages is retarded and for faggot fizzbuzzers that have 0 thinking skills and ability to invent so they religiously learn specifics of language
meanwhile average math man that can into actual problem solving happily uses python and writes skillfull algorithm in it that is language-nonspecific but its easy for him to write in python so he does it
either that or he uses assembly/C and leverages knowledge of computer and math to create things like fast inverse square root
the thing with rust is that its just worse clang made for people who want a worse clang
in general le saying "JS IS LE BAD USE C HURR DURR FAST EFFICIENT" usually means ur a larping niggerfaggot fizzbuzzer and dont do anything

I agree with you, but still hate you for pointing out the programming virtue signaling. Punched cards for the win!

OnlyGemsDoe

Baby Onion
I agree with you, but still hate you for pointing out the programming virtue signaling. Punched cards for the win!
many people constantly dilate over languages to make self feel superior and valid and heckin cute even doe they usually shit out solutions like that terrible linux apple m1 graphics driver thing
also writing C is time consuming and wont get fast results which is usually what keeps newbies in programming

OnlyGemsDoe

Baby Onion
If they can't do it in C, they can't do it.

If you can't explain why your shortcut function is a timesaver, I'm not letting you use it.
nigger you are living dilator at this point
why regurgitate retarded memes like this?
2000 python programmers write usable programs on the daily. do they not know shit about memory? yes. do they not know that their array of strings which are just numbers but string for easy manipulation could be optimised into ints? also yes. albeit they do it and it works. they can do it.
computer does optimising and memory for them. and it works
some assembly elitist niggerfaggot can say the same to you, that you don't intimately understand intricacies of x86 and therefore can't do it

ahhhwhat?

Registered
many people constantly dilate over languages to make self feel superior and valid and heckin cute even doe they usually shit out solutions like that terrible linux apple m1 graphics driver thing
also writing C is time consuming and wont get fast results which is usually what keeps newbies in programming

I agree with you, but I'm partial to both C(++) and Python.But, who gives a fuck? This is not about programming languages, but freedom of sperging.

GreeneCoDeputy

ᛋᛋ-Scharführer
Baby Onion
It's always funny to me how meme "programmers" have such strong, retarded opinions on programming languages yet have never heard of a single framework in that problem domain for those technologies and no idea how much effort is required to just stand up a new forum or CMS.

Almost like they're full of shit and don't know what they're talking about.

OnlyGemsDoe

Baby Onion
It's always funny to me how meme "programmers" have such strong, retarded opinions on programming languages yet have never heard of a single framework in that problem domain for those technologies and no idea how much effort is required to just stand up a new forum or CMS.

Almost like they're full of shit and don't know what they're talking about.
this, so much this

Deleted member 1141

nigger you are living dilator at this point
why regurgitate retarded memes like this?
2000 python programmers write usable programs on the daily. do they not know shit about memory? yes. do they not know that their array of strings which are just numbers but string for easy manipulation could be optimised into ints? also yes. albeit they do it and it works. they can do it.
computer does optimising and memory for them. and it works
some assembly elitist niggerfaggot can say the same to you, that you don't intimately understand intricacies of x86 and therefore can't do it
IF YOU CAN EXPLAIN HOW IT WORKS THEN I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU, AM I?

I don't do all my FEA by hand either, but there are people out there making money as "programmers" who can't figure out the infinite loop hell they created trying to make a new paragraph.

OnlyGemsDoe

Baby Onion
IF YOU CAN EXPLAIN HOW IT WORKS THEN I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU, AM I?

I don't do all my FEA by hand either, but there are people out there making money as "programmers" who can't figure out the infinite loop hell they created trying to make a new paragraph.
nigg there is a big difference between saying "niggers who write black box code are retards" which is true and "if you cant do it in c you cant do it" which is not

Deleted member 1141

nigg there is a big difference between saying "niggers who write black box code are retards" which is true and "if you cant do it in c you cant do it" which is not
It kind of is. Just because you CAN do it in C doesn't mean you have to.

Which I thought was implied.