Floridian Tour Pamphlet

Subtitle
Have A Place About Florida You Want To Share? Post Here. Let Others Know Before They Go!

AboutToBustIn

Baby Onion
JB's Fish Camp
Bethune Volusia Beach Area, Florida
I would highly recommend this place after a good swim in the water. JB's Fish Camp sits on the bay with a dock available to park boats from nearby people wanting to grab a bite to eat. When I was there, a band was present and played some excellent music. The kind would be rock n roll to Jamaican mix which was entertaining while eating. I was seafood the fuck up so I decided to get their chicken tenders with fries. Very crispy and the waitress was very kind. My mother and I were so new to this part of Florida that we asked about the park above us at the end of the strip and the lady nicely showed us what it was and informed us it was a long boardwalk.

The atmosphere was very laid back, not a young crowd either, these people were from the township and hardly any tourists were there, but regardless, everyone said hello to you and smiled. I felt very welcomed, and the staff was very nice.
Bathrooms were right there at the door, the interior was well designed, it was like those independent places you walk in and there are license plates everywhere on the wall kind of theme with a mix of the sea. You can sit outside on the dock area where there are tables. They served alcohol and had a little bar.

If you are ever in the eastern middle of Florida, please stop by this place!

JB.PNG

outside.PNG

Jbs.PNG

AboutToBustIn

Baby Onion
Smyrna Dunes Park Florida

Along The Same Strip as JB's Fish Camp,
There lies a HUGE area under conservation protection at the end known as Smyrna Dunes Park. This place is like a mini-Everglades with a lot of sand. Sea turtles, Baby Crabs, & Tropical Birds can be spotted as you walk along the boardwalk. Entry into this place was easy but the parking lot is a little small so be aware of trying to park. When you go off the main road, there is a nice quiet neighborhood that you will pass through, speed bumps may be present so be sure to go slow, that area is known for kids running around, and the speed limit will go down to 35 or 25 mph.

Board Walk.PNG

The walk is a long stretch but there are little towers connected to the boardwalk you can climb up and take breaks and benches are present throughout the route. The picture above is the end of one of the boardwalks, when you get to the end, there sits the Atlantic, to the right there are Hotels (high end), to the left is the entry of the Ponce de Leon Inlet. If you plan to go swimming, avoid swimming around the grown, fisher spots, and boat routes, the West side of the park, is the safest, and the far East. Showers rooms & Bathroom are available. US Coast Guard Station is near the entrance of the park.

Sunset.PNG

If you are ever in the area, I would recommend this place, not just for the boardwalk but, for the environment, the space, & the access to the ocean. I was there in the evening after some hours in the water, after I went to JBs, I discovered this through the map, and the map displays this location but don't be fooled by the tiny display, the boardwalk is huge & so is the park. Pets are allowed just be sure they are on a leash and under control.

AboutToBustIn

Baby Onion
๐—•๐˜‚๐—ฐ-๐—ฒ๐—ฒ'๐˜€ ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฎ ๐—•๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ต, ๐—™๐—น๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ

Daytona.jpg

On my way to the Keys, I stopped at the Buc-ee's in the Daytona area of Florida near the Daytona Motor Speedway. Yes, there were 120 pumps! Most people enter the gas station through the ramps off I-95, multiple lanes of traffic on the main road next to the place. Be careful, rude drivers are coming in & out of Bucee's. Upon entering the parking lot, most of the pumps were occupied but a convenient portion of them weren't. The same goes for the Bathrooms, as the saying goes on some of the signs "When one stall closes, another opens", yes that's not just a marketing saying, but it is very true. Another thing I noticed was the fact that Buc-ee's had the cheapest gas in the region!

Daytona I-95.PNG

The store was packed. Around 200 guests were present. One door leads you to the merchandise section, and the main one in the front leads you to the food section. I entered through the merchandise section. Everything was full of merchandise, most with the logo. The food section was jamming with customers waiting for food to be served since the employees placed the sandwiches under the warmers. I tried the BBQ, it was excellent! Anything of convenience in the food/essential section was present in the aisles on the far side. Got heartburn? Tums. Need batteries, right there. Need an energy drink but want to try something different than your main? There are many kinds of energy drinks.

Inside.PNG

Employees were very active at every part of the store. Bathrooms were constantly sanitized. Sanitizer was present in each stall. No wait to go use the bathroom. Employees were cleaning the floor constantly. The mascot wanted pictures and was very welcoming. The cashiers were very positive & talkative. The only issue I had, and this wasn't on the fault of the place, it was the people there. They would walk in front of you, bump into you, & cut in line. Talk about being rude. Other than that, everything was awesome.

AboutToBustIn

Baby Onion
๐ƒ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐ง ๐๐ž๐š๐œ๐ก, ๐…๐ฅ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐๐š

One of the most beautiful places in Florida. Destin Beach is a hot spot on the panhandle of the state. To the East, there is a long strip of the location containing white fine sand beaches that leads to Miramar Beach. The west Fort Walton beach is near the border of Alabama.

Destin.PNG

Created in 1984, Destin was once an island until bridges were built. The one I specifically came from was Mid Bay Bridge Rd on 293. You did have to pay a toll of 10 dollars, but the ride was enjoyable across it and when going in the direction (south) to the location, you can see Choctawhatchee Bay on both sides and the center of Destin's' buildings.

US Highway 98 W.jpg

You can also take US Highway 98 West if you are coming from the East side of Florida.
One of the places I visited was Crab Island which isn't an actual Island but just a huge pile of sand under 1 - 4 feet of water. If you are a tourist you can take a boat out to Crab Island by either renting one or having a tour guide taking you there. There are food boats such as BBQ & American food, also I saw one Chinese food one. They are usually out there at 2 PM at full capacity since that's the time when most people are on the island. The water is very clear, be careful though, Jellyfish Fish like Pink Meanies and moon Jellyfish are present at certain times of the mating season mostly during July & August.

Crab Island.PNG

Also, Eglin Air Force Base is nearby, so you will see a lot of fighter jets leaving & entering the airstrip from Crab Island. Pretty cool to hear engines as you chill on shallow water.
The Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park is nearby and under protection by the state government. I think you can hang on the beach portion of the park but there are signs displaying the border of it saying you aren't allowed to go into the conservation part meaning don't go into the grass just stay on the sand.

Destin Beach Sand.PNG

Destin Beach itself was an amazing experience, when I was walking down the wooden stairs going onto the sand, there was a couple that was getting married. The sand is very fine and white and are crystals that came from the Appalachian Mountains. Seeing the Gulf of Mexico was beautiful, and the sunset was right there, you can see it go under the horizon. At 2 PM, there are a lot of people there, but like most beaches in Florida, it's dead at 4 PM. Bathrooms are there too and free parking. The parking lot is a good size too, so you'll find a few parking places instead of having to circle it.

AboutToBustIn

Baby Onion
โœฉโ–‘โ–’โ–“โ–†โ–…โ–ƒโ–‚โ–๐’๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ & ๐‹๐จ๐ฐ ๐๐š๐ซ-๐-๐๐ฎ๐žโ–โ–‚โ–ƒโ–…โ–†โ–“โ–’โ–‘โœฉ

๐’ž๐‘œ๐’ธ๐‘œ๐’ถ ๐ต๐‘’๐’ถ๐’ธ๐’ฝ, ๐‘€๐‘’๐“‡๐“‡๐’พ๐“‰ ๐ผ๐“ˆ๐“๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’น, ๐น๐“๐‘œ๐“‡๐’พ๐’น๐’ถ

ac7c4ca5d9da.png

Upon arriving at the Cocoa Beach strip from the main road 520. When going southbound on the strip, you eventually come across one-way streets after the Dunkin Donuts and before the seven-eleven. On main road A1A you will eventually arrive at Slow & Low BBQ with the bar entrance at the corner of the restaurant and the parking lot behind with an entrance to the left & right for vehicles. I entered through the bar into the guest's waiting room. Within seconds, the aesthetic of signs such as "no smoking so go outside", & "kickback" are all over the walls. To the right is a T-Shirt merch shop for the restaurant and in front is where your waiter will be seeing you and greeting you. We walked into a hallway-like area where there are TVs one being in the front and back of the hallway, and all booths to the right. When I sat down, there were 6 different kinds of BBQ sauces you can put on your pulled porkโ€”mild, Hot, Carolina, Sweet, Mustard, & Ketchup. I tried the Mild, Sweet, & Carolina, all were very good on the pork. The menu was wide-ranged and the sides were many. I chose the pulled pork entree with mashed potatoes & green beans. As the name says, the pulled pork was very tender and tasteful, and our waitress was very nice and consistent, I also had the Pina Colada smoothie, it was awesome and you can get whatever you want to go, no problem. They do deliver and allow takeouts.

Bar Area.PNG

Suppose you want something to eat and love BBQ. This is the place to go while in the area. Service was nice and quick and there was no wait at all to get seated. It's also in a convenient location with the beach just down the road within walking distance. Convenient stores on both sides as well if you want to grab something for the road after a good meal. Do try the sauces, that's the best part!
Map.PNG
interior.PNG