Dinosaur Planet by Rare for Nintendo 64 leaked online

Dum Cruise

Nostalgia
Hellovan Onion
Vidya archival group Forest of Illusion got a copy of Dinosaur Planet's prototype on the n64. For those who don't know Dinosaur planet was suppose to be Rare's last sendoff to the N64 and it even had Miyamoto involved. However with the gamecube and Miyamoto pressing to make this into a starfox game(Fox McCloud is actually the main character as per Miyamoto's request, likely making the development harder), this eventually got turned into Star Fox Adventures on the gamecube, reusing many of the key concepts or characters. The build dates back to December 1st 2000.
EuqrxzCVoAMWdjz.jpgEuqpxq_VgAc7uAc.jpgEuqpvmQUcAAsLh9.pngEuqrU-hU4AAEWfm.jpgEuqpykFVgAMdztJ.jpgEuqrU-IVoAMrj43.jpgEuqrU-5UUAQ_C4y.jpg

The game will currently not run 100% perfectly on any emulator. Expect many graphical issues with shadows and lighting, and some slowdown. It should however, work perfectly fine with flashcarts(ignore they cost like 200 bucks). It needs some hacking work to finish the game, but it's essentially all but done from what it seems.

Here's some videos from an earlier build

New build:
EuqpwsrUcAU0beb.jpg

Old build:
dpshot8.JPG

More old screenshots:
dinoplanet0342.JPGdino.JPGDP_FIELD.jpgdino4.JPG

Download link:

Basil II

I, glowie
Remarkable Onion
How fucking insecure are Nintendo's archives, I swear this is like the 5th leak of N64 shit within the last year.
Hopefully it will be fun to play in 15 years when CEN64 finally runs at a playable speed.

SSF2T Old User

No Super Combos Necessary
Hellovan Onion
How fucking insecure are Nintendo's archives, I swear this is like the 5th leak of N64 shit within the last year.
Hopefully it will be fun to play in 15 years when CEN64 finally runs at a playable speed.
It's not just Nintendo, between last year and this year, it seems that a lot of video game companies can't get their shit together. Capcom and CDPR got their shit stolen and leaked (even auctioned) by ransomware.

In a way, you can look at this in a positive light... after all, aside from bad games, how else are you going to know how inept a company really is? These leaks gives us a peak on what's going on behind closed doors and it's all stupid bullshit that makes you keep asking "why?"

Larry Bundy Sr

'Ello you!
Remarkable Onion

The leaks apparently came from a company called BroadOn, some Chinese tech company

Why Nintendo trusted some random Chinese company with all their most closely guarded assets, everything down to source code from some of their most beloved games of all time and their actual development tools is anyone's guess. But that's what they get for giving some Chinese company the keys to the kingdom

also lol at that memorex CD-R, I had a bunch of those when I was little, that was one of the better brands of CD-Rs

Basil II

I, glowie
Remarkable Onion
The leaks apparently came from a company called BroadOn, some Chinese tech company

Why Nintendo trusted some random Chinese company with all their most closely guarded assets, everything down to source code from some of their most beloved games of all time and their actual development tools is anyone's guess. But that's what they get for giving some Chinese company the keys to the kingdom

also lol at that memorex CD-R, I had a bunch of those when I was little, that was one of the better brands of CD-Rs
Oh yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of this shit is leaked iCue stuff from the early 2000's. Nintendo's still getting fucked by that like 20 years later. Can't wait for the same thing to happen to Sweeney and all the retards who went over to Epic like Square.

Larry Bundy Sr

'Ello you!
Remarkable Onion
It's not just Nintendo, between last year and this year, it seems that a lot of video game companies can't get their shit together. Capcom and CDPR got their shit stolen and leaked (even auctioned) by ransomware.

In a way, you can look at this in a positive light... after all, aside from bad games, how else are you going to know how inept a company really is? These leaks gives us a peak on what's going on behind closed doors and it's all stupid bullshit that makes you keep asking "why?"
Really makes you wonder how the hell Konami hasn't been hacked yet. I know you're the last person I'd need to convince that they're terrible, but they outright used one of their game's source code as a dummy file for a PlayStation game.

If they've been that lax on security in the past, I'd say a Konami leak is bound to happen.