@Adanna AMA

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
I'm your friendly neighborhood skinwalker
@Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt I think this would be a good idea: @Adanna would get a real feel for the community here and we would get out pertinent questions answered.
Okay I will try and fill in the information. Adanna is a real person but the name is a pseudonym to protect her identity. Yes she got her bachelor's degree in journalism from a university here in the states, but she is from Lagos Nigeria.

She is an outsider, a freelance writer. Why did I choose someone from Nigeria? Part of it is security so someone would not use something like white pages to try and dox her, part of it was economic (I couldn’t really afford a US journalist) and I chose someone entry level that is willing to learn.

Technically speaking, she is a local moderator but I have limited her jannie powers to editing. I told her it would be best to simply focus on the writing and stay out of the “politics” of the forum. In a manner of speaking think of her as someone in a protected diving suit in an unfamiliar territory.

It’s nothing personal against anyone here. The community here loves their shitposting and I like reading it. I get it. But the problem is the average outsider here doesn't get it. And that is the challenge: To keep our cozy comfy place to laugh at lolcows while being able to expand and diversify our content so people outside the kiwifarms community will feel comfortable registering and contributing here.