• The best Kiwifarms splinter site on the internet
    All races, religions and political orientations are welcome.
    Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (Male, female, gay, straight. cis, trans) we don't care.
    If you can swing with a pack of gremlins on the Onionfarms, you are one of us.

Why did Chris Chan attract so much trolls?

naught

`he who laughs last laughs best`
Registered
PVCC_crew.jpg

【VOID】

Retired Staff
Question is in the title. I fail to see an obvious reason why he attracted so much malicious trolling. He was just an autistic dude that liked video games and drawing.
It started out because it was funny. Someone shows up to the mall in a pickle suit, the next thing you know Chris is making youtube videos melting down over the "pickle suited nigger"
Then completely unremarkable people with no skills or anything interesting about them learned they could become internet famous by proxy if their trolling exploits were added to the chronicles of Chris; and because things in repetition are boring, the trolls had to out-do each other to become internet famous. This was before the internet was seriously monetized and when people did it for the fame/infamy and "glory"; post-monetized internet saw a spike in people fucking with Chris to try to make adrev off of videos of them screaming JULAAAAAAY over the phone with their buddies.

tl;dr money and/or the fame of having your username mentioned on the cwcki, immortalized for all time drove the early-mid series trolls. Spite and cynicism drove the late stage trolls who fucked with Chris more as a way of goading a bunch of autistic salt-farmers into losing their collective shits.

All funny. Anyone who says otherwise is a spiritual homosexual.

Deleted member 1105

The Internet isn’t very different from real life, it’s just more exaggerated. During the times Chris grew up in, bullying people who were eccentric or mentally disabled was almost second nature in schools. The Internet just facilitated what was already there. I wish there was a way of saying to Chris that it wasn’t personal because in truth, it probably wasn’t. People enjoy laughing at others, being entertained by others and critiquing others, Chris Chan was in the wrong place at the wrong time, during a time where the same kids who kicked the autistic kid in class, were given a place to do so online too. This lead to more and more people of a similar nature, coming together to continue doing what they already were doing, or inclined to do, just on the Internet. Chris was almost the mascot for this kind of shit, and despite there being a lot of people out there like Chris, it became almost trendy to provoke Chris. Wrong place, wrong time.

ProbablyOmegon

Hello there
Registered
Easy answer is his reactions. He got butthurt easy, he would post videos only to give everyone more ammo. It was funny but I felt sorry for him because he always played himself.
I agree with this. He overreacted very easily and this resulted in more and more people screwing with him. He’s also a bit of an ass. Imagine trying to help some autist because you felt pity but then he immediately takes it for granted, treats you like dirt, then makes an ass of himself. If you’re a woman imagine how inappropriate he’d get. Even if you genuinely tried to help him, he’d find a way to burn bridges with you. Once he’s an ass, it’d be even easier to laugh at him because it’s justified. So CWC became a popular lolcow because he was a combination of an easily angered naive autist and a cunt. No one likes a cunt, especially when they’re also an asshole.
After he did Barb like he did I was beside myself.
What he did was horrific but Barb paved the way for her abuse. She did not let him get the proper education he needed, refused to get him diagnosed or treated when he was nonverbal, made him cuddle with her, intentionally undermined any relationship he had, and is a manipulative cunt who was hellbent on not letting another one of her spawn escape her grasp. She probably doesn’t deserve what Chris Chan did, but she made it possible.

jazzy80

Heckler
Registered
I agree with this. He overreacted very easily and this resulted in more and more people screwing with him. He’s also a bit of an ass. Imagine trying to help some autist because you felt pity but then he immediately takes it for granted, treats you like dirt, then makes an ass of himself. If you’re a woman imagine how inappropriate he’d get. Even if you genuinely tried to help him, he’d find a way to burn bridges with you. Once he’s an ass, it’d be even easier to laugh at him because it’s justified. So CWC became a popular lolcow because he was a combination of an easily angered naive autist and a cunt. No one likes a cunt, especially when they’re also an asshole.

What he did was horrific but Barb paved the way for her abuse. She did not let him get the proper education he needed, refused to get him diagnosed or treated when he was nonverbal, made him cuddle with her, intentionally undermined any relationship he had, and is a manipulative cunt who was hellbent on not letting another one of her spawn escape her grasp. She probably doesn’t deserve what Chris Chan did, but she made it possible.
I'm sure you seen the Geno Doc, every time he got near her, she would try pulling away specifically during xmas episode. It was so cringe, knowing his own mom felt that way towards him. I have seen dementia patients in nursing home that had the look that Barb did in later episodes. I would wager after he started soul bonding with her she was shocked to the point of having a full mental break to disassociate from what was being done to her. CWC was a fun person to follow and all, but there's no redemption for what he did to her. We all knew what a sexual deviant he was, but didn't think all the trolling would push him to that.

naught

`he who laughs last laughs best`
Registered
I'm sure you seen the Geno Doc, every time he got near her, she would try pulling away specifically during xmas episode. It was so cringe, knowing his own mom felt that way towards him. I have seen dementia patients in nursing home that had the look that Barb did in later episodes. I would wager after he started soul bonding with her she was shocked to the point of having a full mental break to disassociate from what was being done to her. CWC was a fun person to follow and all, but there's no redemption for what he did to her. We all knew what a sexual deviant he was, but didn't think all the trolling would push him to that.
* https://archive.ph/CBuUF

MylarBalloon123

Baby Onion
because Americans has no life and spend all their time trolling online and because Chris Chan stands out he was a target for American trolls.