Sonic The Hedgehog General Thread

SSF2T Old User

No Super Combos Necessary
Hellovan Onion
Discuss anything sanik related.

Recent(ish) News:

Sonic 1 Prototype Finally Found
(Archive)

Roger Craig Smith has announced he is no longer voicing Sonic the Hedgehog, after voicing the character for ten years.
(Archive)

LEGO Approves Sonic Mania Concept
(Archive)
ToasterGrl (Original Idea Creator) Idea Pitch: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/d7fef363-ead4-413e-a3e2-d9aa848e1cee (Archive)

Sonic OVA (the 90's Anime Movie) OST Uncovered:
Look A Like (Full Version)
Entire OST
Track List:
0:00 - Track 01 (Sunset in Eggmanland)
0:57 - Track 02 (Ancient Ruins in the Dark Lands)
1:57 - Track 03 (Approaching the Egg Generator)
3:07 - Track 04 (The North Pole Glacier)
4:42 - Track 05 (Sonic to the Rescue)
5:50 - Track 06 (Rushing to Eggmanland)
7:29 - Track 07 (Metal Sonic Appears)
8:56 - Track 08 (Unknown, may be unused or unrelated to Sonic OVA)
13:51 - Track 09 (Seems to be an unused track with some elements from "Look-a-like")
18:15 - Track 10 (South Island)
20:19 - Track 11 (Sky Lands and the White House)
22:03 - Track 12 (Hyper Metal Sonic, Awaken)
23:33 - Track 13 (Unknown, may be unused or unrelated to Sonic OVA)
28:50 - Track 14 (Unknown, may be unused or unrelated to Sonic OVA)
30:33 - Track 15 (Demo with some vocals, may be unused or unrelated to Sonic OVA)
31:32 - Track 16 (Unknown, may be unused or unrelated to Sonic OVA)

Resources:
Sonic Retro: https://sonicretro.org/
Zone 0 (Everything on the Sonic Genesis Trilogy & CD): http://www.soniczone0.com/

Ronald Rump

Definitely not the Former President of the US
Hellovan Onion
adventure 2 was okay tho the story and characters and voice acting is all gay as SHIT though.
I never played it. Played the first Sonic Adventure and it was..... OK at the time. Haven't played it in years, I bet it doesn't hold up well.

Larry Bundy Sr

'Ello you!
Remarkable Onion
I never played it. Played the first Sonic Adventure and it was..... OK at the time. Haven't played it in years, I bet it doesn't hold up well.
It's a remarkably beautiful game for being a 3D game from 1998 but apparently there isn't a recording of the first level played on the Dreamcast original on YouTube that isn't potato quality

so here's a recording from an HD version, it's really not much different besides the sharp resolution:

but it's also one of those games where the first few levels are a lot of fun and then the fun completely drops off, so, it's fun to play for like an hour once every few years but don't actually bother trying to complete it

SSF2T Old User

Hellovan Onion

Keep an eye on this thread. Since last month, people have been dissecting/inspecting Knuckles Chaotix and the 32X and have been finding out a lot of info regarding both.

Best Case Scenario: We might have a 100% accurate 32x emulator instead of everyone relying on Kega Fusion.

SSF2T Old User

Hellovan Onion
Sonic Hacking Contest 2021 has been announced. Deadlines for hacks are in September and the actual contest week is between the 11th and 17th of October.

Syrup

queen opee the great
An Onion Among Onions
Sonic games are so shit compared to mario it amazes me that anyone can say the Genesis was better than the SNES

Swampy Benis

Pig raping ogrelord
Registered
It's a remarkably beautiful game for being a 3D game from 1998 but apparently there isn't a recording of the first level played on the Dreamcast original on YouTube that isn't potato quality

so here's a recording from an HD version, it's really not much different besides the sharp resolution:

but it's also one of those games where the first few levels are a lot of fun and then the fun completely drops off, so, it's fun to play for like an hour once every few years but don't actually bother trying to complete it
Honestly, I loved the music (and not just the crush 40 buttrock) as a little autist, and I get nostalgic over some of it even now as a big autist.

Especially hearing some of the old genesis tracks in CD quality was breddy gud. Windy Valley theme and one I cannot find the name of, but it was an HQ remix of zone 1 from 3D blast (which was itself a remix of Emerald Hill from 2). Just kind of catchy throwback to the chiptunes the series used in 2D.

I think part of the reason I disliked SA2 in comparison was that it tossed a bunch of the throwbacks to 2D sonic.