Debate @Cybertron in his belief and worship of fictional characters

cybertron

The Tulpa FAQ claims it's different from these mental disorders but there might be the same mechanisms at work. Only more controlled.
Sounds dangerous in any case.

"give them control of your body" No way in heck.

cybertron

all /x/ users are like what?

I believe in spiritual connection or kind of "telepathy" between all living things ; people in everyday life, and those in the invisible world.

Deleted member 291

What you are thinking of sounds like string theory or many worlds interpretation of quantum physics
I used to be a string theory fag but I got sick of it not because I disagree with it but because worrying about if there are really 11 billion dimensions or not all the time was too autistic for me

also if the video I posted makes your brain hurt keep in mind its the short version of an hour long vid on the subject.

cybertron

What you are thinking of sounds like string theory or many worlds interpretation of quantum physics
I used to be a string theory fag but I got sick of it not because I disagree with it but because worrying about if there are really 11 billion dimensions or not all the time was too autistic for me

also if the video I posted makes your brain hurt keep in mind its the short version of an hour long vid on the subject.
This may be a possible explanation if I understood the video right. Might research this topic later, it indeed makes my brain hurt and I've had insomnia recently.

He's not an /x/ user. He hasn't mentioned or tried to summon a succubus yet.
No, haven't tried that yet.

Boingotango

Hellovan Onion
I don't wanna debate him, because this is the most fun worldview possible. Like say a Wizard in a book is getting advice from some mystical otherworldly being, but in reality, the mutli-dimensional reality, that is, it's actually the Wizard communicating to you in a dream, and you just know all the fantasy tropes that you tell him the solution to his problem. I don't know some gay shit like that. This is fun.

naught

`he who laughs last laughs best`
Registered

"A tulpa is an entity created in the mind, acting independently of, and parallel to your own consciousness. They are able to think, and have their own free will, emotions, and memories. In short, a tulpa is like a sentient person living in your head, separate from you."

This may explain why some people see their waifus in real life. No, I haven't tried to create one myself. (yet?)
I don't see how this could go wrong, I akshually wouldn't mind seeing it.

Admonisher12

First in last out
Remarkable Onion
I mean, doesn't Alan Moore believe this kindof shit?

But honestly? This has been something I wondered myself and my conclusion ended up being that I *really* hope this toonworld shit isn't onto something. Lotta the characters I tend to put to paper tend to be anti-heroes (with one being an abuse victim!) and if they do exist in some parallel reality or something strange then that in turn means I'm responsible for their creation. I don't want that burdan.

naught

Registered
I mean, doesn't Alan Moore believe this kindof shit?

But honestly? This has been something I wondered myself and my conclusion ended up being that I *really* hope this toonworld shit isn't onto something. Lotta the characters I tend to put to paper tend to be anti-heroes (with one being an abuse victim!) and if they do exist in some parallel reality or something strange then that in turn means I'm responsible for their creation. I don't want that burdan.
What do?

naught

Registered
If cartoon characters can't cross into the real world, then I'll never see Larry the Lobster Who Used to be a Man, and I don't know if I could live with that. ?
facebook_1613066986367_6765693313190442647.jpg

Admonisher12

First in last out
Remarkable Onion
I need to see this movie.

No I think in Chris's case, he adopted the toonworld belief stuff because he knows on some level that he has nothing else and that he'd just rather keep pretenidng to be a kid. I remember he had a shirt that said "I'm done adulting" and its like... how can you be done with something that you never started?

naught

Registered
I need to see this movie.

No I think in Chris's case, he adopted the toonworld belief stuff because he knows on some level that he has nothing else and that he'd just rather keep pretenidng to be a kid. I remember he had a shirt that said "I'm done adulting" and its like... how can you be done with something that you never started?
It's a good movie.
A recent experiment @cybertron and I conducted proved conclusively that his art can influence reality.
I want to believe.