• The best Kiwifarms splinter site on the internet
    All races, religions and political orientations are welcome.
    Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (Male, female, gay, straight. cis, trans) we don't care.
    If you can swing with a pack of gremlins on the Onionfarms, you are one of us.

Book Recommendations and Reviews

Boingotango

Hellovan Onion
Thought about this one for a minute, but kinda feeling too lazy to do a proper review. However, I figured I might as well start the thread and get some almonds jogging.

Name pretty much says it all, give reviews for books you read, give recommendations or ask for them.

Personally I'm pretty big into fantasy and sci-fi shit. Trying to branch out to some non-fiction since I spend so much time reading that I might as well learn something instead of increasing my autism powers.

Pretty good books I've read lately:

Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson

Really long historical fiction with split stories being about Cryptology in WWII, and the emerging of Cryptocurrency. Also, Nazi gold. Guys a really fun writer and was AHEAD OF HIS TIME (buzzwords in bold) in his writing style. He has a pretty good sense of humor and is fairly based. But what I love the most is his autistic rambles on the mathematics around crypto, and honestly just his autistic rambles in general.

Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson

Kinda generic sci-fi cyperpunk vibe, but is pretty interesting basically set in a future where America is divided up into different factions and we enter our Dual Samurai sword wielding Pro Hacker who create The Metaverse - a 3D virtual world that everyone uses. However he is broke because he was too cool to sell out, and he starts out in the book delivering pizzas (which in this world, all pizza shops are owned by the Mafia, and if any pizza is delivered in longer than 30 minutes: the motherfucking Don has to personally show up and apologize by giving the offended pizza buyer a trip to Italy, so being a driver for them can cost you your life) and it just unravels into this crazy ass story where he has stop a crazed Billionaire monopoly type who is using the concept of the Tower of Babel and Sumerian Creation Language to try and enslave or kill all the hackers. Also there is a bad guy named Raven who is basically the typical Danzig looking badass who is nearly untouchable.

Baal by Robert McCammon

Basically the story of a the Demon Baal being born into the world after a demon rapes a woman. He sets up shop in the Middle East and is calling himself The Living Muhammad then fakes his death by making it appear that an American Jew assasinated him, which is close to starting up a crazy world war. And all of his followers are like the followers of Baal in the Bible and they all go crazy violent and have sex orgies and shit (doesn't get all George RR Martin like don't get too excited). Then a Theologion goes to investigate and teams up with a man Michael to stop him. Not the most original ever but is a pretty good read and has some cool moments.

TheNotRealAsh

Ashley Hutsell Jankowski will never learn
Hellovan Onion
Bleakwarrior:
Highland done by a heroin addict. Follow him as he tries to get away from other heroin highlanders.

The Vorrh:
Africa apparently contains the outer garden from the mythical Garden OF Eden. Enjoy the first 200 pages being about everybody else except the garden explorers.

Billy Yankee

American Civil War Sperg
Registered
Omerta by Mario Puzo

The last novel from the guy who wrote The Godfather. It's a good pulpy mafia thriller from the late 90's.

constant exposure

it's always harvest time at the onion farms
Remarkable Onion
Konarmiya/Red Cavalry by Isaac Babel
Short stories about the Russian civil war as written by a frontline journalist. Engaging and not too long, a good place to start if you're looking to get into serious literature

The Age of the Cathedrals by Georges Duby
A book about the development of medieval cathedrals and their relations to the society of the time. Puts medieval art in the context of social relations

Pansy and Janet Go Looking for Trouble by Shitface Faggot Janet
Brave. Humorous. Eye opening. Ahead of it's time.

Billy Yankee

American Civil War Sperg
Registered
The Stand by Stephen King
An absolute door-stopper of a post-apocalyptic epic and the greatest novel King ever wrote in my opinion

Noghoul

An Onion Among Onions
Moby Dick: a boatload of gay men chase a monstrous phallic symbol, lots of homosexual subtext ensues. If you disagree with this synopsis you are probably a bigot.
If what you're saying is accurate then it seems like a quite kino read, it's going to be next in my list, but first I have to finish reading pic related, not a fan of self-improvement books but I really need the advice it offers.
1612884741964.png

Dum Cruise

Nostalgia
Hellovan Onion

Rise and Kill First: The Secret History of Israel's Targeted Assassinations​

This is the definitive book on mossad and israeli intelligence as a whole. It's written from an "opticscuck" perspective, in that the author is a zionist, but he critiques the over the top and incredibly destructive path of mossad, while often praising it from his perspective. This covers the rise of Israel as specific terrorist organizations that eventually formed into the IDF, Mossad and Israeli government itself, to the sickening wars in Lebanon, to some of the most ridiculous schemes ever thought of.
I wish I could link a PDF but I've been unable to find it, well worth the 30$ if you're into Israel, the intelligence community or foreign affairs.

Wilderness of Mirrors: Intrigue, Deception, and the Secrets that Destroyed Two of the Cold War's Most Important Agents​

Being based on a real story, this expose goes over the beginning of the modern intelligence community itself starting with the OSS(Office of Strategic Services), the precursor to the CIA, its vast failing all the way to 1974. It covers the stories of James Jesus Angleton and William K. Harvey, an elitist intellectual tasked with out thinking those damn Ruskies and a hardened ex-FBI skirt chasing cop with a keen eye. For a book not so relatively long, it's absolutely jam packed full of different intelligence mistakes and close calls on all sides. Beyond being an informative book it kept me reading late into the night unlike any other book in some time.
Wish I had the PDF but haven't found it around, book is cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/Wilderness-M.../ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Harassment Architecture by Mike Ma​

Probably the most accurate description of the modern day put into a book. Not afraid to explore the deepest parts of modern human society and questions toe bounds of it in many ways. Author comes across as slightly schizophrenic, highly maniac in the best possible sense of the words. It considers that perhaps we do live in a fallen stay, a kali yuga as they say. Book has a very dark sense of humor, not normie friendly!

Attachments

• (Best)Harassment Architecture - Mike Ma.pdf
    7.5 MB · Views: 250