Announcement 1654 Members Registered

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
I'm your friendly neighborhood skinwalker
I double checked with the company doing the migrating. Apparently we have 1654 members registered not 1086. Either there was something incorrect in Xenforo or we need a plug-in to check for sock puppets.

【VOID】

Retired Staff
I double checked with the company doing the migrating. Apparently we have 1654 members registered not 1086. Either there was something incorrect in Xenforo or we need a plug-in to check for sock puppets.
Socks would be added to the overall number of users; I believe the issue lays in the "inactive" tag overwriting the "Registered" user group. I went in and checked and there were 580-something users who were not in the "Registered" user group who had the "dead niggo" banner for inactive members. I bulk added all of the users without the registered tag to the "Registered" group and rebuilt the member cache but it didn't change the overall user-count displayed on the site.

Either way. Will this have any bearing on the amount of money the person you're using will require to migrate the site? Can't lie, I'm secretly crossing my fingers that the migration idea becomes inoperable and we stick with what we have.

I've been going over it and myBB has many security vulnerabilities, some even being discovered only last year which are substantial, critical vulnerabilities that would leave the site seriously vulnerable to SQL injections and hijacking via remote code execution. I have no doubt that... given enough time I could make myBB look and feel sort of like XF, but it would be cosmetic at best; but nothing that I or anyone that can be "outsourced" can do can patch out the vulnerabilities; nor.. in actual fact, make the site actually function in a way that would please people.

This will be the last thing I say on this subject, I promise; I'm sure it must be annoying. XenForo will not go to HostGator, nor will XenForo sue you. There are many many communities which revolve around nulled xenforo and many many sites do not have a license for XF but still use the software.
XenForo doesn't care what you do with the software you have, they're simply no longer supporting the site; which means they won't provide updates or support for the site, which is fine because we don't need them. The site is stable, the site is in a good place, and I don't know what it was that changed your mind about this issue when previously you said that you'd honor the majority of user feedback and stay with the unlicensed XF to now being adamant on the migration; and I don't know if there's anything I can say to you, however based in reality it is, that will alleviate your concerns; but the true and honest simple facts of the matter are that XF doesn't give a shit what we do, and they don't care one way or the other if we continue using the software, the only thing that will change is that they will no longer support the software that we're using, they won't give you updates for it, they won't support the site if there are issues with it. That is literally all that will change; and I can maintain the site (for FREE), this is not an issue in the slightest.

There are not going to be any legal or litigious consequences and XF isn't going to go to the host to complain; this simply isn't going to happen and on the 0.000001% chance that it does, I'll literally take 100% responsibility for it myself.

Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt

Owner
I'm your friendly neighborhood skinwalker
No. It will not have any bearing on the costs. The costs are based on time.

Work Log.jpg